Cystic Hygroma (large NT@12 weeks)--not a good scan--Updated :)

Thank you :D I've got a blondie on my hands and on the top of her head it's super fine, poor girl lol

yeah...but who cares when she has a face like that! i want to pinch those cheeks

hi everyone, i'm just coming on here to bump this thread in hopes that it helps someone :) Also to update, Des is growing big and strong! He is hitting his milestones and right now is smiling, holding his head up, and starting to giggle. He is a joy to have around and I am so glad he's here. That little voice in the very back of my head that used to say "well, what if something IS wrong with him?" is getting more and more quiet. I hardly think about that stuff anymore because he's just so...normal. Totally normal, totally healthy.

I hope anyone who followed his journey is doing well :) Also, if you're seeing this thread for the first time and have any questions, feel free to message me or comment on here.

I will be periodically bumping this thread :)

Take care everyone!

I'm glad he is doing so well! It's crazy to think how long ago I first read this thread!

I'm so happy everything has worked out for you! I remember reading this thread back when it was happening and crossing my fingers for you :) Your LO is adorable.

Been wondering how you're doing :) soo glad to hear your boy is doing so well! He's truly a miracle! Thanks for the update xx

I just read this whole thread and I have to say, "Wow!".

You are awesome. Des is awesome. This story is awesome. Thanks for sharing. I love happy endings. :)

I said i would be back to periodically bump this incase anyone else in first tri get this diagnosis, so here i am :) Des is still doing AWESOME. the kid talks up a storm and is quite smart. He's not walking yet but he has proven to be a cautious kid so i'm not surprised. He has no medical conditions whatsoever at 16 months.

Congratulations on your pregnancies ladies!

I'm so happy your little boy is doing well gigglebox! I followed your story through those scary weeks...probably the scariest of your life. He's a little miracle and such a cutie!

Awww, I thought about you not long ago! Des is just way too cute :) so glad to see a happy, positive update after following you the whole time! xx

This totally threw me for a loop. I clicked it to read thinking it was a new post, didn't recognize the original post/story at all and started to scroll through to read comments and was totally caught off guard seeing my own. Then I realized it was an old thread haha.

But it totally threw me for a loop. I was so confused for a minute.

I am going through this right now. Had a scan yesterday at 10 +6 and our baby has been diagnosed as having a Cystic Hygroma. I'm not sure on the size as I didn't ask I was just numb with all the information I was being told. Our outlook appears bleak and I fell totally lost.
I have had two previous losses but never been hit with news like this before. Our first hurdle is whether or not to have the CVS test we have been offered. Our next appointment is on Tuesday to see if the fluid has increased, decreased or stayed the same.

I found it difficult to find an awful lot of information on this xxx

Louby so sorry you are going through this. My daughter was born with a ch on her shoulder, a surprise at birth. She is perfect in every other way ( that's her in my avatar!) and is undergoing treatment which is making it shrink. It's nearly gone now. So it's not always bad news. I did undergo an amnio during my pregnancy because my bloods gave me a 1:20 chance of downs, but they never noticed the ch. If you have facebook, there is a cystic hygroma page which has lots of info and support. Hoping for the best outcome for you and baby. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

I am going through this right now. Had a scan yesterday at 10 +6 and our baby has been diagnosed as having a Cystic Hygroma. I'm not sure on the size as I didn't ask I was just numb with all the information I was being told. Our outlook appears bleak and I fell totally lost.
I have had two previous losses but never been hit with news like this before. Our first hurdle is whether or not to have the CVS test we have been offered. Our next appointment is on Tuesday to see if the fluid has increased, decreased or stayed the same.

I found it difficult to find an awful lot of information on this xxx

Hang on to hope, Louby! It is a very hard diagnosis, but I have read tons of success stories other than mine. I would encourage you to get the CVS test to see what, if anything, you are dealing with. Don't let any doctors sway you into ending the pregnancy until you have some proof to go off of--with all the limited info out there, many woken are scared into terminating out of fear when, as proven many times, there could be nothing wrong at all.

Your appointment has already happened, do you have an update?

Steph, thanks for sharing :) just a side comment, a CH diagnosed in the first tri is much different than one diagnosed late in pregnancy (or at birth). I don't know why they have the same name as they indicate very different things...

Also, Des turned 2 on April 1st :) he is still a happy, healthy little dude. He's honing his skills as an expert ladder climber at the playground these days :p

Thank you Gigglebox. My appointment is this afternoon (its morning here in the UK) and I am feeling so anxious. I have found tons of success stories and we are praying that we can be one of them too.

What I do know is that I will in no way be pressured in to anything by the doctors. We have gone through a lot already to get here and I am not willing to give up on our baby lightly.

I will update on how we get on today - thank you for your support and sharing your experience with me xxx

UPDATE!!!

We must have had someone special looking over us this week. After the most emotionally challenging week of my life we have been given the news from our consultant today that our baby is perfect I truly can't believe it.

He scanned me for a good while then asked me when we had our previous scan done. He said he has no cause for concern what so ever and the problem has totally resolved itself. I am going for my official dating scan on Monday but at this stage my EDD is 18th December.

I still feel worried that something may go wrong but I think that's normal after the week of worry I've had. After our scan on Monday hopefully that feeling will go and we can try to enjoy our pregnancy.

Thank you all so much for your support throughout this. I feel so incredibly blessed at the moment

Xxxx

I hope we inspire more women in our situations :) congratulations!

Yay, that's great news!

It's only natural to still worry about it a little bit, but hopefully you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy now. :)

Beautiful lines! I can only pray for lines like that when I test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->