Cystitis right at the wrong time

happycupcake

‘Mrs Hudson took my skull.’
Reaction score
It started Saturday morning after sex and I'm currently entering into my fertile window. I'm so annoyed! I drank tons Saturday all day and felt it improve and Sunday I didn't have symptoms but I became too slack with drinking and the symptoms started in the afternoon. The usual burning feeling at the end of urination and afterwards. I am drinking Cystopurin, herbal tea, have taken Uva-ursi Saturday and Sunday and the symptoms are starting to ease. I have a prescription on standby for me but I am reluctant to take it because of the obvious overuse of antibiotics and these things becoming resistant to them. And the fact last time I had to stop taking them after a few days because of side effects.

I don't know what to do though. If the symptoms stay away, do we continue and perhaps have sex every other day so I get a break in between or should I give up and leave this cycle? I don't want to! But I don't know if I'm being sensible

I used to suffer from chronic UTIs, no fun! Have you tried d-mannose? Not sure what all Cystopurin or uva-ursi are haha. D-mannose is the stuff from cranberry, extracted.

I would give yourself a break, look at it this way, if you do get pregnant it's dangerous to start out the pregnancy with an infection so close to the reproductive system.

So maybe make sure you're both freshly showered before bd and use a softcup so it can be every other day?

I haven't, although I have heard of it. Cystopurin is a sachet of powder (potassium citrate) which neutralises the acidity in your urine. It does help, providing it isn't too severe. It has helped a lot, unlike the last time I had this when it didn't do anything! Uva-ursi is a herbal tincture which helps, I think, to unstick the E.coli bacteria from the walls of your bladder and places, helping to flush them out. It helps too, but it isn't suitable in large doses or longterm since it can cause you to... erm... die. Apparently. I don't actually know how? I can't remember what it does longterm, but it isn't a good preventative measure for this reason, more an acute measure. Kava kava is also meant to be good but this too can be dangerous (can cause liver failure I think) and as far as I'm aware has been banned in the U.K.

There's more chance of hell freezing over than us getting up to anything this evening lol I have been ok providing I have kept drinking, but if I leave it for longer than a couple of hours without a drink it starts to sting. I don't know what to make of it, whether this means eventually it will disappear on its own (half of all cases do) I don't know. But it isn't the constant agony like last time *touch wood*

The GP gave me macrobid this time, which I don't want. I would have preferred to take my chances with the trimethoprim since it was only dizziness before (a side effect they say stop taking immediately because it *could* be an allergic reaction). But in all honesty I would prefer to avoid any anti bs!

I know why it's happened and it's my own stupidity - we dtd as soon as I woke because I woke him and despite knowing I was bursting for a wee I ignored it and did it anyway. Each time I have used the toilet before and immediately after I have been ok. I'm so stupid

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->