Cystitis

porkypig

Reaction score
Morning all,
been up since 3am with the dreaded cystitis; soo painful. I'm planning to go to the docs tomorrow to get some antibiotics to clear it up properly but i'm soo gutted that we were doing so well with our bding this month that I dont want to stop and miss our chance this month. (see chart) We werent planning to do it today as today we were going to have a break but we were planning to continue bding tomorrow.
What would you do if it were you ladies? and I know this sounds a little dumb but can having this infection ruining our chances of conceiving this month?
Please help xx :cry::cry:

I have suffered with recurrent cystitis (up to 24 infections per year) since I was around fifteen. I just got over a bout of it a couple of days ago, hit me around the same time as AF did.

The infection does not ruin your chances. The infection is in the urinary tract, not the womb or the fallopian tubes. The only thing it does is make things uncomfortable so, what I always suggest is not BD until you can comfortably wee. It gets very swollen 'down there' and you dont want to aggravate anything and put yourself out of commission for the entire month.

Missing 2 or 3 days is not going to kill you. Missing two weeks because of bruising down there might just mess everything up.

Also, ask your doctor for Cefalex instead of the three-day antibiotic. Better for when TTC and safe to take.

This isn't too helpful now, but I take a cranberry supplement (can get them in Asda) everyday and haven't had an infection or cystitis since I started taking them. They stop the bacteria sticking to the urinary tract. Might be helpful in future.

I agree that more sex might make things worse - you don't want it to spread to your kidneys!

You have a good BD pattern so resting for a day or two will be fine - get yourself sorted. You could always try a fifferent position (from behind) so that he isn't rubbing your bits? I had it this month too, it is painful! Hope you're better soon! x

You have a good BD pattern so resting for a day or two will be fine - get yourself sorted. You could always try a fifferent position (from behind) so that he isn't rubbing your bits? I had it this month too, it is painful! Hope you're better soon! x

This doesn't work. Have tried it. Ended up not being able to walk for three days and bleeding 'down there'...also, the repetitive motions of sex only serve to push the bacteria further in. That's why I was always told to hold off on sex if I have an infection.

sorry for tmi, but we usually do it this way anyway (doggy) and i reckon the reason its flared up again us because 2 nights in a row, I have just fallen asleep and not gone to the toilet. Thanks for your replies ladies xxx

Morning all,
been up since 3am with the dreaded cystitis; soo painful. I'm planning to go to the docs tomorrow to get some antibiotics to clear it up properly but i'm soo gutted that we were doing so well with our bding this month that I dont want to stop and miss our chance this month. (see chart) We werent planning to do it today as today we were going to have a break but we were planning to continue bding tomorrow.
What would you do if it were you ladies? and I know this sounds a little dumb but can having this infection ruining our chances of conceiving this month?
Please help xx :cry::cry:

Is it possible that you could already be pregnant...reason being is that my first pregnancy symptom was the feeling of cystitis??

Thanks hun, I doubt it though as i'm only cd15 and ff says i havent even o'd yet although when i put a fake temp in for tomorrow it says I o'd on day 13. I've got a stomach ache as well, I'd love for it to be a symptom but I dont think it is. xxxxx

Hey. Take a look at my journal - I had an infection at the beginning of my cycle. It was just terrible. Doctor gave me a strong antibotic and it was just 3 pills, 3 days. Cypro. I was feeling better on the second day! You aren't out of the game girl - just get to the doctor asap so that you get started on some meds and get rid of it. I am currently in the 2WW - and am still hopeful!

Thanks hun, i had this earlier on in the year, its the worse feeling ever. I'm hopefully going to the docs tomorrow but going to ask if theres anything else apart from anti-bios as IF i was to be pg I dont want them to affect it, someone earlier said about something called cefalex. xxxxxxxxx
good luck appleseed xxxxxx

I've just had it for the last 3 days ... its a nasty bu**er!!!!
I take cranberry tablets as one of the other girls suggested, it really works for me - perhaps grab some from Boots?
Get well soon :hugs:

Thanks Farie xxxx i took a cranberry sachet this morning but there was blood in my urine so i want get some proper stuff from the docs to get rid of it properly, its the worst feeling ever xxxxxxxx

HI moomoo

new to this site, ttc for 18 monts....
saw your comment below

??[/QUOTE] Is it possible that you could already be pregnant...reason being is that my first pregnancy symptom was the feeling of cystitis??[/QUOTE]

did you have any other symptoms? I don't want to test yet as I'm sick of seing the negative results.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->