Cysts found on baseline scan

A month is really good for an NHS lap, good for you. Won't be long until you start now. Hopefully I won't be too far behind you. Let us know how you get on :)

Yer will definatly keep you posted on how I get on 😉 think I'm just gonna throw myself into work next few weeks, time will fly by! I was shocked when he said next month, I thought I may have been waiting till next year! X

So how did the op go? How long will you have to wait for IVF now? My scan is next week but I'm sure there is still a cyst there. Now I know about it I have related it to a dull ache I've been getting on the front of my thigh, which I still have. Did you have any pain?

My ops on Wednesday, not long to wait now! Will ask in the day about the ivf. Hoping I can start on my next or cycle after that! Yer I get a dull ache n my periods r painful too but I don't know if like you said it's because I know it's there! GL at your scan! Xx

ES89, I'm sorry to hear there are more complications. Both my tubes are completely blocked, hence needing IVF. It seems this journey is one of patience, yet for those going through it we just want to get on with it. My thoughts are with you, remember that hard work pays off. I'm sure you'll get there in the end.

Have you attempted to have yours flushed out/cleared? What's blocking your tubes?I'm really unsure if they will just go ahead with the ivf or attempt to treat the endo?

My tubes have scars from an infection I had in my early twenties. Unfortunately the scar tissue has in effect sowed my tubes together so there is no way an egg can get through. Blocked tubes can be differing levels and sometimes they can operate to clear them (I've even heard Chinese Medicine can unblock them if not severe), this wasn't an option for me.

There is often fluid collection in blocked tubes that cause what is termed hydrosalpinx. I have these as well but they are only small. Hydrosalpinx can cause fluid to run into your womb and make it hostile so the embi won't stick, so they recommend removing or tying the tubes in this case to improve chances of IVF working. I couldn't come to terms with loosing my tubes so took the risk but now I have the cyst I might just bite the bullet and get them snipped when they are in there for the cyst. I'm getting a little tougher as time goes on! I haven't got endometriosis so your case could be completely different. This is just what I know about pesky blocked tubes.

If they are completely blocked and can't be unblocked then IVF is the only way to get pregnant.

When is your follow up?

Omg sounds so complicated! Interesting to see what they suggest to me next! Had a letter through with my follow up appointment today. Unfortunately it's not till next year, 14th January! But then again need few weeks to recover, we are having a refit at work in November n then Xmas is around the corner!
So are you waiting for laparoscopy?? X

I just had a scan today and was so sure the cyst would be there but it had shrunk to 18mm so they are going ahead on my next cycle. I will be starting around the end of this month. Still depends on whether the cyst continues to shrink so I'm not getting too excited yet but it was a good news day for a change. This is such a roller coaster!

That's brilliant news! Bet you can't wait! 2nd time lucky 😀😀 xxx

Hi just thought I would check in to see how you are getting on Asterimou :) were you able to attempt a cycle?
I had my appointment on Thursday, the surgeon clarified that I have stage 2-3 endometriosis and both my tubes are blocked :( I will need another op in time to treat the endometriosis but he wants me to go ahead with the ivf first. I have been transferred back to the fertility clinic now, said they would ring me Monday once they have been over my notes. fx I can get back to it soon! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->