Cytotec (misoprostol) for missed mc

Future Mama

New mommy
Reaction score
I am about 7.5 weeks pregnant and found out Monday that the baby's heart stopped beating last week after we saw it at 6 weeks. I have been spotting/bleeding for 20 days now and have been given cytotec to induce the miscarriage. I am really nervous and have read some horror stories online. Can anyone tell me their experience with it and what I should expect when I take it. Thank you.

I took was 7.5 weeks when baby passed but didnt find out until my 12 wk scan though had had an earlier scan which had shown a hb.
I chose to have a expectant miscarrisge but lost a lot of blood and no tissue so ended uo in hospital where I was offered the medical route.
the nurse gave me the first dose of 4 tablets vaginally then the next 2doses orally at 3 hour intervals. These didnt seem to work for me but ik thinking its because the baby has been inside me for too long and that was also my reasoning behind the horrendous blood loss.
When you take the first lot prepare yourself for some cramping, maybe have some paracetamol to hand and also get comfortable as close to a toilet as you can as, if you need to take them, the second dose should get things moving.
Apparently they work 90% of the time with no real issues but if they dont, try not to panic, ring your midwife/doctor and they will advise you on the best course of action.
love,hugs and strength to you xoxo

Hey

Sorry for your loss, like you we saw the hb at 6.5 weeks, then it had stopped at 7.5 weeks.

I planned to take the miso on friday evening since I was hoping to be able to go to work on Monday. So here's how my timeline worked.

7pm Friday (after kids in bed) I took my first dose vaginally (800mg)
around 10 pm started cramping etc. I took some advil just in case, my doc had prescribed Tylenol 3's but I didn't need them. I actually slept through the cramping and just woke up every hr to go the washroom I passed 1 large clot/hr until about 4 am.

By 3 pm the saturday, my bleeding had stopped... I was concerned that I wasn't done, so on Sunday evening 7pm again (my doc told me to wait 48 hrs) I took another dose vaginally (800 mg) and I had no cramping, started bleeding what I would say has been a normal period... so I think I must have been done, once I stop bleeding my doc wants me in for an ultrasound to confirm.

Good luck! I had read soo many stories I was petrified.... for me I was lucky and it wasn't bad at all. I hope your story is like mine.

Take care.

Kim

Hi...sorry to hear you're going through this. I also had a mmc in february (was 7 weeks, baby measured 6 weeks). I eventually took the misoprostal a week or so later. I had 2 doses. I cramped some strong period-like cramps and bled not much more than a heavy flow with clots. I kept waiting for the horrible pain and profuse bleeding, but it didn't happen. I did pass 2 later pieces of tissue in there at some point. I called the doctor to tell her I believed it didn't work and that I was worried of infection so I went in immediatly for a scan. Turns out everything cleared perfectly. There's a wide variation in people's bodies so don't necessarily believe it has to be extremely painful or there needs to be a horrible amount of bleeding...wasn't the case at all for me. BTW, I bled for 3 days (like a normal period) in total and it was all over.

Thank you all for your advice. I took the medicine orally which is what my dr prescribed about 32 hours ago and haven't noticed much. I've had mild cramping and a little bleeding so I don't think it worked. I'm supposed to call the dr Monday and let them know what happened so I'm guessing they'll have me try it again or have a d&c if that's what I choose. I just want this to be over with.

hi

I have had 11 mmc and just had my 12th confirmed today after seeing hb at 6 weeks, I have had both d n c and medical management I have had both good and bad experiences with both, I am going into the local hospital on Saturday for medical management as I am now considered to high risk for surgery due to have a septum removed

sending luvs and hugs to all, life is sometimes so cruel not sure what my plans are for the future and if I can go through anymore heartache

xxxxxxxxxx

hi

I have had 11 mmc and just had my 12th confirmed today after seeing hb at 6 weeks, I have had both d n c and medical management I have had both good and bad experiences with both, I am going into the local hospital on Saturday for medical management as I am now considered to high risk for surgery due to have a septum removed

sending luvs and hugs to all, life is sometimes so cruel not sure what my plans are for the future and if I can go through anymore heartache

xxxxxxxxxx

I am so sorry for your losses. This was my third mc and it definitely does not get easier. Praying we get our rainbow babies soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->