D & C anyone? Have a ?

KandKsMama

Mom of 3 girls under 4
Reaction score
I had a m/c last month and everything appeared normal, but when I went for my yearly pap because of my pain dr. decided to do an u/s and found a mass. Whether it was leftover from my m/c or just a mass of something else (he said he was pretty certain it wasn't a cyst) I went in for a D & C yesterday. My dr. is on vacation this coming week and next Sat. I leave for 3 weeks. I have read typically they say not to DTD for 2 weeks or more if your bleeding hasn't stopped.
DH and I want to TTC asap and since this most likely was just a cleaning of sorts of my uterus when do you think it would be ok to start? H
as anyone else had a D & C?
Did you follow the orders of no sex for 2 weeks?
Did you wait the 3 months to TTC again?
I just want this over and behind me so we can move forward, in hopes that this mass was the cause of my two m/c and not getting pg as easily as I did before.
I spoke with an RN friend of mine and after her last m/c (she is now pg) she had a D & C and her dr. told her to wait just one cycle to TTC. She said her take on it would be since my D & C was more of a cleaning than a pg loss that she doesn't see why we can't TTC once my bleeding stops, but I wanted to get some other options and takes from others who have been through the same thing.

Hi there,

I hope you get this all sorted soon so you can start with your plans.

Re the D&C question, its probably a good idea to wait one cycle, I say this because my friend miscarried last year and had a D&C. She became pregnant again without an af and started bleeding fresh red blood at 5 weeks, when she went for a scan they told her she had a tear in her uterus most likely caused by the D&C and the pregnancy could go either way. Unfortunately she lost it but thankfully she is now happily pregnant again.

I hope this helps and I wish you all the best hon.

:hug:

hiya, i had a dnc in march 08 and was bleeding on n off for approx 3wk so we never had sex ..... got af back in may and started ttc from then x
wishing u all the best hun x

Thanks ladies, this helped a lot. Still not sure how long I will wait yet, I guess it all depends on how I am feeling.

Sorry to hear about this, are they testing the tissue they removed?

Hey KandK, long time no talk to :) I have not had any D&C's but with my three MC's I have started TTC immediatly after I stopped bleeding. With my second child I conceived him 2 weeks after a MC, never had a cycle inbetween MC and conception and all was well. I did have a bleed at around 9 weeks that was outside the uterus, just stopped to think that perhaps that might have had some relevance to not having a cycle after MC but perhaps not, who really knows.

GOOD LUCK and I say start TTC sooner rather than later!

dan-o, as far as I know he did say he was planning on testing it, but won't receive results until the 19th I believe (if they even have them by then). I am really hoping it was just my infection had spread, but I am so worried that it was left over from m/c last month or a new healthy bean that was only around 3.5 weeks.

JJF, thank you so much for this info. This is what DH and I have been discussing, as with our vacation we think that our stress levels will be down, conception will be easier (as we were stress-free when we conceived both girls) and that we will go on to have a healthy baby in late Dec./early Jan. Wish us luck for a BFP when we return from Cali in May..... this way I won't be tempted to test super early as I wont have any tests with me and I will be busy seeing stuff and visiting with mom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->