Dairy allergey?

Sarah+

Reaction score
Hi,

My LO (nearly 6 weeks) is sick after nearly every feed (breastfed), often 4-5 times and not just a little. He also has a lot of gas and spends a lot of time straining/turning red. The doctor suggested it could be a dairy allergy. She wasn't too concerned as he's in the 95th centile for weight, so it's not effecting his growth, and he doesn't seem too distressed by the vomiting (only occasionally).

Has anyone had success by eliminating dairy from their diet? Or any other suggestions?

My son was like that from birth. It could be reflux or an allergy. With Ollie his symptoms were being sick, arching his back and crying painful bouts. He had what seemed like a constant cough and cold and developed ezcema. Once he was put on Nutramigen Milk which is soya, lactose and cow's milk free, we've never looked back and everything, including his ezcema has cleared up x

sarah - shelley posted a thread in this section asking similar and a lady replied with her childs dairy allergy telltale signs...she posted it recently so you shouldn't have to look far :)

I stopped eating dairy for about two months with David because of his gas. It seemed to help, but who knows if that was the placebo effect workin' it's magic on me, because he never really had horrible gas, just... bad gas. I found the main thing is that you really have to check labels on foods -- there is dairy in stuff you would never think would contain dairy! I remember I bought a thing of Chinese rice and chicken and it contained dairy.

It's definitely doable but it's tough in the start. I only had to go a few months so it wasn't so bad for me, but it got easier even after just the first week. Good luck, I hope your LO gets better soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->