dairy allergies and eczema???

sorry i don`t have any great advice! but luke has the same thing some times it gets so bad it bleeds, my poor boy :( he must be so sore! im also sick of being given cream after cream and they never seem interested, Im going to have a look at that dairy thing online, if it would help him i would defo give it a try! i was told to avoid nuts and egg because apparently there is a higher risk of one of those alergies if they have eczema? not too sure about that, would like to hear what everyone else has tried though ......... xx

Harry has been treated for eczema for the past month and it's doing my head in, so god only knows how you ladies have coped for as long as you have. Personally, i'd be willing to try anything. Calcium can be found in things other than dairy (think vegan - vegan have a lot of dairy substitutes which also contain calcium). Give it a go and let us know how you got on!

my sil baby boy has eczema! He's 14 months had it since he was born he gets it all over his body including his head but he bites his hands when he's itchy, they've been given hydrocortisone cream, berileum, diprobase, all in all he has a cream fir his face and 4 fir his body and he's got bath oils for it too, my HV used to be there's and she told them a few weeks ago to take him off anything that is dairy and put onto soya so they tried alprosoya milk and tbh the few days after he went in it he got worse so much they had to take him up to hosp he'd scratched so much he'd cut his hands and chest open! He's jk on full fat milk and cut way down on chocs,cheese and yoghurts but at night the get a long sleeve vest and long socks fill the vest and socks with one of his creams and let him sleep in it overnight and his skin has become really soft and less itchy, but they got exzema nurse on Tuesday to see if shell to allergy test! Hope something works for use x sorry my post so long too

Dairy is known to cause eczema, my brother has it from that. Thats one of the many reasons why dairy products shouldn't be given before 9 months and drinks til after 12 months, preferably all till after 12 months. I'm hoping to hold Savannah off til after 2 years.

thanks for your replies girls,

well we have decided to just cut out the yoghurts, cheese and choccie puds and just give fruits from now on or may have a look at goats cheese and yogs. shes a bit fussy as it is and dont know if they taste a lot different???

will let you know how it goes xxx

I grew up on a dairy / wheat free diet because of allergies. When I was a baby I had eczema until my mom put me on soya. When I was a few years old I used to have goats milk with my cereal and goats milk cheese. I wouldn't drink it plain as it tastes disgusting!!! I didn't get any additional calcium supplements and it didn't seem to be a problem. These days though there is so much out there, it might be an idea to look into.

Rihanna as also started with ezcema a couple of months ago but loves yoghurts! ... maybe I will try cutting them out and she what happens, she had tiny little spots on the sides of her cheeks too??? could this be ezcema too? Thanks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->