Damn Bloody scratch mitts!

xxxjacxxx

My Eggo is Preggo!
Reaction score
Does anyone else's babbas have trouble keeping these things on?:hissy:

Ive bought the ones from mothercare and some cheapo ones from ethel austins but they all fall off!

Ive clipped Leos nails but he always has his hands up by his face and manages to scratch himself all the time:cry:

Ive tried pulling his sleeves down over them and folding the tops over but they bloody well wont stay on his little hands!

Argggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:hissy:

we never used them :blush: Have you tried filing his nails down after you cut them? Worked a charm with Hannah

we never used them :blush: Have you tried filing his nails down after you cut them? Worked a charm with Hannah

Crikey I dunno if he would sit still long enough for me to do that, but sounds like an idea..will try that! Thanks Vickie.:hugs:

I bought the Sainsburys ones for Sam and they hardly ever fell off. Little socks work well too as they're a bit tighter around the wrist :lol: x

We never had to use scratch mitts on Poppy but some of the babygros she had had inbuilt scratch mitts (an extra bit round the cuff that you pull over the hand) Hey presto, no mitts falling off :) You can get them in Next and also Mothercare I think. Will try and find a link

Try this link https://www.next.co.uk/shopping/children/newborn/1/3

We never had to use scratch mitts on Poppy but some of the babygros she had had inbuilt scratch mitts (an extra bit round the cuff that you pull over the hand) Hey presto, no mitts falling off :) You can get them in Next and also Mothercare I think. Will try and find a link

Try this link https://www.next.co.uk/shopping/children/newborn/1/3

thats what I had on the mothercare babygrows. mitts were a pain I never used them

we bought sleepsuits with combined mits in the sleeves... brilliant invention!

i also had the grows with built in mits her finger were so long she when in the mits that she would push it off straight away so her asda and tesco babygrows hardly got worn due to not being able to use scratchmits i used the next ones!

Lou
xxx

i get tescos ones any they don't fall off much at all :)

Try socks instead! This worked for me because the socks had a tight bit at the top and they fall off or get pulled off!

boots do really small ones that stay on really well :) and we too used the inbuild strach its on the sleepsuits from next and mothercare :)

Yep i'm a socks person aswell, my MW told me with Kieran x

The only thing i could get to work were the sleepsuits with built in scratch mitts too

They were a godsend!!

At night we used sleepsuits from next that have built in scratch mitts, they are fab! The rest of the time I used Next scratch mitts and they never fell off

i use the sleepsuits with them built in from mothercare after i woke up in hospital and he had a mit hanging out of his mouth lol

I have the same problem with the scratch mits being too big and falling off , All of the sleep suits I bought with the built in scratch mits are way too big for my lil guy , The preemie stuff he has dont have them . Im too afraid to clip his nails , good thing he dont scratch himself much , He has only ended up with 2 scratches so far . I thought about using socks but havent tried it yet .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->