Damn.

x__amour

Mommy.
Reaction score
Just saw this on the news. It's an ad in Milwaukee, Wisconsin against co-sleeping.
It made me feel sick to my stomach. :nope:

https://i42.tinypic.com/2ms55z9.jpghttps://i44.tinypic.com/2lsjy47.jpg

I co-slept for 3 months and loved it. I'm all for safe co-sleeping but I thought that these ads are way, way OTT. I understand that they're supposed to raise awareness but it really just made my skin crawl, tbh. They're just so against co-sleeping but when done correctly co-sleeping can be so beneficial.

What do you guys think of this ad?
Here's the link to their website if you want to see; https://city.milwaukee.gov/SafeSleep

Im still co-sleeping at 13 months old.
But she is in her crib that has no side railing up next to my bed.

thats terrible!
I don't co-sleep personally, never have.. but so many people do!
they shouldn't be able to advertise something like that publically.
WAAAAY over the top.

Woah! :wacko:

What a stupid advert. "Can be" just as dangerous.... Yeah can be, so can cot sleeping. So can sleeping on the roof. So can sleeping on the floor. So can sleeping upside down. 'CAN BE' CAN MEAN ANYTHING! Nyeurh nugrhbdun nurgh

Completely OTT :wacko:

Done safely, co sleeping can be a wonderful thing. My son still co sleeps occasionally at 10 months. I also co slept with my daughter till she was 4/5 months.

Yeah really over the top, The knife thing makes it far too sinister. As if you would sleep with a knife for fuck sake. Or have one near your child! :nope:

tbf i think its bullshit. I mean come one, every few years they come out with new regulations. "side sleeping is best, wait no, stomach sleeping, wait no! back sleeping, that seems safest now" ..do they really know? Honestly these adds annoy the shit out of me. I think I would have enjoyed Syris first few months so much more should I have been able to get some sleep with her instead of the fiasco we went through when her reflux started.

omg post this in baby club they'd have a field day. awful!

That's so dumb. I saw this and was so disgusted. As if co-sleeping w/ your child is the same thing as putting a knife near the baby. Whoever made that ad is an uneducated moron who is just trying to raise attention to him/herself. CLEARLY they have no clue what they are talking about, probably don't have children, etc etc.

Wow, really now? I co sleep with my son when he is sick. done correctly its a really wonderful thig and I know it makes my son feel better. what idiots.

Dumb. I don't fully co-sleep with Ari, but when she can't fall back asleep at night she just comes into bed with me, definitely doesn't compare to your child sleeping with a knife.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Of these 46 (51.7%) infants were sleeping in an adult bed at the time of their death.
That is such a small difference, it actually doesn't count.

Yeah, that's way too far. I'm doing health promotion in Psychology atm actually, looking at media campaigns using fear arousal. An ad like that is so shocking that it's lway less likely to be affective anyway :thumbup:

(Co-sleeping from birth, she doesn't even have her own cot anymore.)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Of these 46 (51.7%) infants were sleeping in an adult bed at the time of their death.

Yeah, that's way too far. I'm doing health promotion in Psychology atm actually, looking at media campaigns using fear arousal. An ad like that is so shocking that it's lway less likely to be affective anyway :thumbup:

And doing a 'study' with only like 100 babies. Fail

I co-slept till quin was 11 months old... wouldn`t sleep with him beside a knife tho.. he did stab me in the eye with a fork(during dinner) and I couldnt open it for 40 mins and couldnt go into sunlight for a few days
forks just as dangerous as letting your baby sleep beside a knife.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And doing a 'study' with only like 100 babies. Fail

Yep, which I why I can never take a lot of "research" seriously. I actually laugh out loud at a lot of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->