'Dangerous' dogs

I have a english bull terrier ans she is soft a shit. Some dogs have been bred to be nasty but i personally believe it is how you raise the dog that determines how they behave.

i have also had a stafforshire bull terrier who was so loving and didnt have a nasty bone in her body, you dont see the good ones in the press! only the bad ones (who have usually been puched and kicked by a chav till they have snapped)

staffys are also called the "nanny dog" because of there love for children (and not how they taste! :))

i would never leave finn with any dog but i know wth mine she would never harm us because we are her pack but she would protect us if needs be.

You're right about never leaving kids unattended with dogs, even the loveliest dogs have their off days. My mastiff had a sore ear and without me realising I went to give her a hug, got too close to her ear and she snapped at me. Give me a hell of a fright but it was her way of saying 'I'm in pain, don't touch me'.

She was very thankful when the vet syringed her ear :thumbup:

I'm the same as you hun, I personally don't like dogs, I'm also scared of them and just don't trust them. I would ask friends to keep their dog away if I'm round. We've been to friends when their dog hasn't been away and I just kept Tristan very close to me and turned away if the dog came near us. The owners are always very aware of their dogs and I'm sure would take measures to make you comfortable.
But I'm sure if your friends take precautions to keep him away I'm sure it wouldn't break free and you would be fine.
Definitely worth giving a lot of thought to, my little lad almost got bit by a large dog a couple of months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->