MrsReed2015

Reaction score
Hello,

I need help, advice and reassurance.

So the story so far;

9&10dpo pink spotting
14&15dpo period like bleed
15dpo positive test

Then positive tests everyday since then, getting darker & darker.

Yesterday I developed a UTI, got antibiotics for it.

Today 5w4d, I had brown discharge in the morning, followed by darker red type mucusy blood tonight. It's when I wipe or go to the toilet? There's no pain & I have an early scan booked for Monday when I'll be 6w1d.

However, naturally I'm freaking out. My OH is being amazing.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I researched via Dr Google and I get all sorts from loss, to SCH and vanishing twin.

I would really appreciate any advice to help ease my mind for the next 3 days.

( ps I took my last FRER today and it was so dark I just had to show my OH)

Thanks ladies

I didn't want to read and run, it could be anything but! Loads of people experience bleeding in pregnancy and it turns out to be nothing, just try stay positive and try put it to the back of ur mind, I know easier said than done . Have u phoned the EPU xxx

Lots of people bleed in early pregnancy for any reason... I would definitely try to talk with a doctor, but if your tests are getting dark I would say it's still a good sign. They told me as long as you aren't soaking a pad with bright red blood its probably okay, because I've been spotting every few days.

I would call early pregnancy if I was you. I did have bleeding with my last pregnancy quite early on and all was fine but better to be safe and than sorry and get checked out. They just told me to lie down and rest as much as I can until the bleeding stops. X

Thanks ladies.

I have my scan with the EPU on Monday. I've spoken to the midwife who said if it's not heavy and accompanied by pain then to try not to worry and simply rest.

That's so hard when all you can do is worry. I've read such positives about bleeding in the first tri, and I hope I become one of those ladies. I've had friends who bled around 7 weeks and had normal pregnancies.

Such a waiting game.:nope:

I know it is scary, but bleeds can be very common with pregnancy. I had a bleed around 10 weeks when pregnant with DS1. There was no pain at all. My doc ordered a scan and all was ok. But they did find an old pocket of blood just outside the uterus. Everything is so sensitive "down there" that bleeding can happen. Take it easy and fingers crossed all is ok for you:)

Hope all is OK for you hun. Bleeding doesn't always mean the worst. Try to have a restful weekend & GL for Monday xx

Hi I agree to it could be many thing's, Rest as much as you can and hopefully your scan date will come around quicker for you, I had bleeding on/off too before and everything turned ok, Once I had a erosion on the cervix which kept bleeding, Hang in there :hugs::hugs:

I hope everything's okay hun. As others have said, bleeding is fairly common in early pregnancy. I've bled with both of my pregnancies, it's terrifying at the time, but try not to worry/stress too much. :hugs:

Thanks for your replies ladies.

Well after seeing some dark red last night, that's subsided with just brown today??:shrug: so confused!

Still no pain... Any ideas?

It could be, I had a really bad UTI at 6 weeks, and I had bleeding with it. :( I could tell it was from the UTI as the blood was only there when I wiped. x

I remember when I had a kidney infection I had bleeding with that xxxx

Do you both mean in your we?

It's definitely not in my we, but lots of info on the net say that an infection can irritate the cervix causing bleeding or discharge?

X

I don't have any advice other than to try and relax. Hopefully everything will be okay!

Honestly it could be anything. I've experienced bleeding like that followed by loss and then I experienced bleeding and heavy bleeding with this pregnancy and the baby is fine. 1st trimesters are filled with nothing but maybe's. It's horrible and I can't wait till be in second tri. I recommend calling your doctor and scheduling and appointment

Well it's now Sunday, and Ive gone from brown to light pink but only when I wipe. I've not had to use a sanitary pad at all. And no cramps or pain, it's just spotting?

I noticed it went light pink after my OH and DTD last night? :shrug:

Scan tomorrow, so hopefully will have some answers!:thumbup:

Hi hun...
Seems to be getting lighter which is good and no cramps ☺ all the best tomorrow and let us know lots of hugs xxx

Mine was ment to be tomorrow too... but I got in Friday all OK tho x

:happydance::happydance: that's good news! I'm pleased for you!:hugs:

Seems to have gone now.. :thumbup:

I'll keep you posted on how it goes tomorrow. My scan is at 11:30 in Truro..

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->