Dark brown stringy cm *UPDATE: 6 days of spotting*

withlovemegan

Reaction score
Hi ladies!*TMI* warning in advance!

Three days ago, I had brown spotting (3 dots at most) and very little brown stretchy, stringy cm when I checked my cervix. The next day, I had the same spotting and cm. And today, I have even darker brown stretchy/stringy cm.

I have PCOS, long/irregular cycles and am currently on CD45. I didn't temp this month so I'm wondering if any of you experienced the same dark brown cm, when did you experience it (ovulation, implantation, or AF)??

Any advice would be awesome! Thank you!

PS: At first I thought this may be spotting related to O, but then I looked back at my notes for CD 32-33 and at that time I had cramping, DTD, and had a really awful metallic taste in my mouth all day on CD33. If I possibly O'd around that time, that would put me at 12-13dpo right now. You see why I'm so confused? :p

UPDATE: Today is CD47 and I'm still spotting (light brown). That makes it 6 days of spotting so far. :confused:

Hey Chick!

It definitely could be related to ovulation. I sometimes get a bit of spotting around ovulation and when I do it's usually brown (old blood) rather then red (fresh blood).

It is pretty normal to get mid cycle spotting and sometimes it's just completely random and not associated with ovulation. But it's usually a good sign if you have fertile cm along with the spotting. Your cm definitely sounds fertile so fingers crossed! x

I usually get mid cycle spotting, and it's because my thyroid is just slightly high. I don't want to bring down your hopes, but I just had the exact same thing my last cycle: stringy brown CM for 4 days, off and on. Then AF arrived full force a day later :(
However,everyone's body is different, and I've been hearing more stories lately about the 'uncommon', 'rare', and 'mysterious' implantation bleeding. Maybe it's not so rare?

Thanks for the help ladies! I'm still spotting (it's been about 6 days now). I wonder if AF is slowly coming. This is a first for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->