Dark room?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Mrs-C, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Mrs-C

Mrs-C Mummy to 1 DD & 2 dogs

Is your LO's room dark at night? We did buy lined curtains but they don't seem to be blocking any light at all. When we put her to bed at night it's still light and when she wakes at 4/5am it's light and she is wide awake :dohh:

I'm wondering if she'll settle better and learn day and night better if the room is dark. I might get one of the gro anywhere black out blinds. Do you think the dark will help her?

2. angel2010

angel2010 Cart & Emma's mom, 1mc

It is dark in Carter's room. Sometimes he sleeps until 6 sometimes until 7. I would say it would be worth a try.

3. Fabby

Fabby mummy to my amazing boy x

yeah definately we have one x

4. BubbaG

BubbaG Well-Known Member

Yep my LO room is pitch black. Before you fork out £30 plus try by using tin foil on the windows (shiny side outwards), I read it on here and thought it was a fab tip!

5. Mrs-C

Mrs-C Mummy to 1 DD & 2 dogs

Will try tonight, thanks! I can already hear dh mocking me for doing it though!

6. Breezy

Breezy Mommy to one gorgeous boy

I put a dark sheet over the window. Owen woke up at 6 today and I gave him his pluggy back and put the sheet up and he slept for 3 more hours.

7. KayBea

KayBea Mummy to Xanthia Lily

Yeah its worth it.. As someone else said try using tinfoil before spending a fortune on a blind that might not work. X

8. Murphy98

Murphy98 Well-Known Member

Darkening our LO's room hasn't kept him from waking up early - but when he does we have a better chance at getting him back to sleep.

At the risk of sounding ghettoish - we put tin foil up because blinds AND curtains were still not doing the job. That and our son's room gets really hot from late day sun so we were hoping that would help.

I do think its improved things a bit. However, I now worry that for naps he's too accustomed to a really dark room considering at daycare in 3 months it wont be that way. I'm thinking of gradually lightening the room a bit for naps.

:coffee: