Darker Skin in Areas?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by ruth222, Apr 12, 2009.

1. ruth222

ruth222 Mum of 1 to be Mum of 2

Anyone else got this? Apart from the obvious area - my nipples! I've also noticed my arm pits have gotten really dark, and I think it looks really horrid, all the skin under my armpits all the way down the the side of my boobs has gone really dark and patchy/really dry too. It looks bloody awful like I haven't shaved for like forever! Which is just not true, it doesnt itch or anything and its not sore it just doesnt look very nice, hoping its just a pregnancy thing, as summer coming up don't want to be hiding my pits under long sleeved tops and jumpers forever!

It could be my deodorant but never caused me these patches before? Strange! :blush:

2. cs22

cs22 Mum and ttc# 2

Hi, I have too. I have a dark skin patch half way up my stomach. Dont know why its there it just appeared. but it seems to be getting more noticable. Its a big patch. Dont know why its happened though. Also i have one on my left armpit.

3. Monkeh

Monkeh Dexter's Mummy

Aside from darker nipples/areola, I have a couple of darker patches on the underside of my boobs. :shrug: Another joy of pregnancy lol.

4. Lisalovesbean

Lisalovesbean Well-Known Member

It could be melasma...the mask of pregnancy....if you go to wikipedia there's a section on it!

5. fingers_x'd

fingers_x'd Well-Known Member

Well my darlin fiance reckons I've got visible veins on both my boobs and my nipples r darker BUT OMG how SORE are my nipples!!!! ;)