darn you prenatal vitamin!

auntiesarah25

Reaction score
I'm 7+5 today. I was taking my prenatal vitamin with dha in the morning and thought nothing of the nausea and gasiness I was starting to experience. They were to be expected after all. However the last two days I've taken my vitamin at night and I'm feeling less naseaus and only gassy after I take the darn vitamin. I've been pretty miserable the last two weeks thinking this pregnancy thing is not something I want to do again . however, it seems to be that the vitamin enhances my symptoms. I will continue to take it at night so I can have productive days!

Oh yeah I found that out with my 1st pregnancy with my son.. Definately better to take them in the evening! With this pregnancy I don't think it makes much difference though as I've had quite bad nausea on and off all day every day so far!x

Yep a common thing with them, evil fuckers lol

I'm going to buy chewable ones as I just feel so nauseous when I take them!

I have been taking mine at night too. I'm worried that'll I'll get sick in the mornings and end up having the pills come back up. :(

Agreed they are horrible. I forgot to take one yesterday. I plan on trying to take one tonight when I go home.

I've had better luck with the chewable gummy prenatal vit's with DHA in them. They're a bit sour/sweet so easier to get down and they SEEM to stay down for the most part. I still feel better taking them at night though.

Oh yes - always at night! The iron is especially bad for causing nausea.

The gummy ones are great in the first tri..take after a meal.

The iron is what makes us nauseous. Most gummy vitamins do not contain iron (because they appeal to children and children can fatally overdose on iron pretty fast) so that is why they don't hurt the stomach.

My last pregnancy I used one-a-day with dha and was always very sick afterwards and had to lay down (not an option this time with an active toddler, lol)! This time I found one that was different and it's great!

If you can find a vitamin that is made from food sources instead of chemicals then it does not cause stomach upset. The one I take is also vegetarian. I found mine at a specialty store, but they can be ordered online. Mine are about 15$ for a 3 month supply and it is completely worth it to not have any stomach problems!

I take mine at night too, though I've been having bad nausea and vomiting and for the past few weeks I've noticed a small change and its much more bearable xx

I learned with my last pregnancy to take the gummy kind. I also take "gentle iron" because the gummy kind doesn't contain iron and I tend to get anemic when I'm pregnant for some reason. The gentle kind doesn't give you tummy trouble like the regular.

Thanks for all the ideas. I will stick with my seemingly huge pill that I swallow because a) I don't have to taste it and b)anything gummy hurts my teeth. But I've taken them every night for the past few nights and I feel a million times better. Now I'm just tired all day which I can handle. I have very little naseau and some very slight and random cramping/pinching feelings. I'd say I'm pretty lucky so far!

Thank you so much for this post!!!

After reading, I started to take my vitamins in the evening yesterday and I've been much less nauseas yesterday and today. Its a relief as I was pretty grim for a week before that.

I was actually slightly concerned today that I wasn't feeling sick any more and was the baby still ok?! :dohh:

Now if there was something I could take to stop me being nervous about this pregnancy and STILL checking the loo paper every time I go to the toilet....!!

I'm going to buy chewable ones as I just feel so nauseous when I take them!

Be careful with the chewable ones. I bought the gummy flavored vitamins because I didn't want to taste a disgusting pill..and now I find the gummy ones disgusting even though they taste like candy. So be wary of food/taste aversion cause now I wish I had gotten the gel caps

Yea I hate the feel of gummy in my mouth Yuck but I too have started taking the big horse pill at night soooo much better!

I also switched to taking them at night, which helped a little, but not enough. Plus I was very constipated from the additional iron. I finally switched over to gummy vitamins with DHA and no additional iron. I still take them at night and this has helped immensely! I am using the CVS brand prenatal gummies. With the DHA tabs I had been taking, I found I kept burping up a fishy flavor and that was enough to make anyone sick, pregnant or not!

I have always taken vitamins at night for better absorbtion. Its a bonus that it helps with the nasty fish taste.

Yep, at night, after dinner and before bed with some form of light carb (a cracker or two usually). I've had problems my whole life with vitamins - so much so that I only take children's chewables otherwise! I haven't see these gummy ones, maybe they're be better for me?

Yep, at night, after dinner and before bed with some form of light carb (a cracker or two usually). I've had problems my whole life with vitamins - so much so that I only take children's chewables otherwise! I haven't see these gummy ones, maybe they're be better for me?

I'm not sure what you might have available since it says you live in Germany! Here I can find both chewable and gummy prenatal vitamins, so if you can find these anywhere, they may help you! Or, assuming you are not low on your iron, you may be able to find a prenatal vitamin that has very little or no iron included, as that alone can be really upsetting to your stomach. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->