Dates don't make sense

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by rajnin, Oct 7, 2013.

1. rajnin

rajnin Well-Known Member

My first pregnancy my baby was measuring 6 weeks when it should have been measuring 8 weeks, a week later there was no heartbeat. We were sure if the dates then as I had IUI treatment.

I now have a 4 month old baby :)

I just found out I am pregi 6 weeks + 4 days naturally so really excited!

My first period after I had my baby was on the 3rd of August so going by that date I should be about 8 weeks or so pregi but on my scan I measured 6 weeks.

We made love twice on the 12th August & 20th August, I guess I could have ovulated late but now I am worried, won't get another scan from OB till at least 2 weeks and so nervous as I have no symptoms!!! But I guess my body still didn't fully recover from first pregnancy and now I'm pregi again.

2. girlnboots

girlnboots Mother to 4 furbabies

No worries :) my last period was December 22nd, and I didn't even get pregnant until jan 21ish, so they moved my due date back 3 weeks. Your periods could still be irregular from your pregnancy.

As long as the scan looks good, don't worry so much about dates. Good luck :)

3. lkkha

lkkha Mum to 8

It's totally normal for periods to be irregular after giving birth, so chances are that you did ovulate later, as long as the scan showed a healthy strong heartbeat, I'd just concentrate on that and look forward to the next one, sure everything is fine :)

4. melfy77

melfy77 Well-Known Member

Totally normal for your period to be all over the place. I got mine back 3 months after I gave birth, but I had the opposite; I ovulated super early, like CD 9 or 10 instead of my usual CD14. Good thing we DTD because we caught the eggy:happydance:

5. amslou

amslou TTC No2

Im not convinced these dating scans are all that accurate. Like someone said on another post all it takes is for a sonographer to click slightly in or slightly out and your date moves. I thought i was 12 weeks last time, knew exactly when i ov due to opk and so pretty much the conception date but the scan put me a week on which was impossible sure enough dd was actually born on my calculated date and not the edd! Kept having scans cos my fundal height was low but baby was big. Everyone is different so font worry about it. My collegue has just gone off to have a baby and never had any symptoms. No sore bbs no sickness nothing she is due on 22nd October. i remember although i feel sick from the outset this time i didnt have any symptoms until 7 weeks when they were awful and i wished i didnt last time.

6. rajnin

rajnin Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies - I have a appointment with my OB next Wednesday & getting bloods now. Was a shock I was pregi so soon but we really want this. I too hope all is okay will remain positive.

7. slg76

slg76 Well-Known Member

I have been calculating my own dates over and over again for this very reason. Seems likely that your ovulation could have been anytime due to giving birth so recently. You could have conceived as late as the 23 and then had an egg that took a while to implant. I would say you could easily be a week "less pregnant" than you think. I hope that is the case. I'm in a situation similar to your first pregnancy and unfortunately I'm sure of my dates :( I'm glad you have another scan so soon. I hope you see your little baby growing!