Dating question CONFUSED! HELP PLEASE :(

shescrafty

Reaction score
Okay, let's see if I can explain this so it makes sense. My last menstrual period was September 1st (though I've never been regular). So when I got my bfp I went in to the obgyn on Oct 7th for confirmation, and the nurse I saw looked on one of those wheels and told me my due date would be about June 8th based on that. So, I was under the impression that today I should be exactly 11 weeks. However I went for a dating scan yesterday, and the baby measured 9 weeks 3 days, strong heartbeat....and when the dr went over it with me, she said it was EXACTLY right, and she had a due date of June 18th for me. When I count 40 weeks from Sept 1st, I also get closer to this first due date. Where is she getting June 18th from? So confusing :( Any info would help as I am clueless!! Thanks girls :shrug:

Scans are a more accurate way of working out the due date than your last period.

The date based on your last period assumes that you were having a textbook 28 day cycle and ovulated on exactly day 14.

Your scan result suggests you have a rather longer cycle and ovulated a week or so later than day 14. Obviously that makes you a teeny bit less further along than you thought.

Go with the date from the scan for the time being. Perhaps it will be adjusted at your next scan.

Thank you Kat :) I'm not really confused by the scan...I was actually expecting to be put back a week because i DO have longer periods. The confusing part was why prior to the scan they had June 18th written down, so after they said the scan was dead on. That was the part that made absolutely no sense to me? Not even the same day of the week....very weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->