Dating scan help :)

leigh568

Mummy of 3 + expecting #4
Reaction score
Hi all. Had my 12 week scan today. I had a trainee who confirmed with a sonographer that she'd done everything right. At the end of the scan the 2 of them were whispering to each other but said everything was ok. On my notes the sonographer has written para-umbilical varices detected but didn't explain it to me. I'm seeing my midwife next week so can ask her but just wondered if anyone knows what it means. Many thanks xxx

not sure but if it was a concern i am sure they would have told you. the whispering was probably just a confirmation for the trainee before she wrote on your notes.
i would not worry but yeah do ask your mw just so you can tell the next person on here that sees the same words what it means

I googled it and really couldnt find anything. The only thing that kept coming up was "bowel" related but it wasnt an exact match. Im sure if something was wrong or needed attention they would have told you. Just in case, is there any way you can call them or your midwife and ask before your appt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->