Dating scan tomorrow - what to expect?

DJ79

Reaction score
Excited yet nervous. I've got it into my head there won't be anything there as I don't feel any different. 😕 Does anyone else feel the same?

I think it's normal to feel/think that way.

When we went to our first scan with DD, I actually asked DH what if there wasn't anything there and it was all in my head (actually, I think I said the same thing to him with this one!).

Not sure where you're at or how much it varies from office to office, but with DD, they tried abdominal first (since I was nearly 12 weeks by then). Since abdominal was fine, she took all measurements she needed then turned the screen so we could see. She also turned up the sound so we could hear the heartbeat. She told us what baby was measuring (as far as weeks and days). We got a couple of scan pictures to take home.

This one both scans were done transvaginally since they were done early (due to spotting/clot issues). But pretty much the same thing. Today's was more similar to the one I had with DD than the first scan I had with this one. She did what she had to do for my file then turned the screen so I could see and turned on the sound so I could listen to the heartbeat.

It may vary from office to office.

But as far as your feeling, totally normal. It's really hard to comprehend what's really going on inside you, especially if you don't feel different/have symptoms (and I had symptoms with DD and still felt that way).

Good luck :)

Hi there! I'm worried too, since my symptoms have been very mild. I also had a failed pregnancy last summer, so this makes me extra nervous about this one. Try to be patient and not to read too much into it.

Re what to expect - it really depends on how far along you are on your scan. If you're over 6 weeks, you should expect to see something resembling a tiny blob with a heart beat. If you're around 8 weeks, a bigger blob with a much stronger heart beat. If you're around 12 weeks, then you should expect something closer resembling a real baby, definitely with a strong heart beat. These are the best case scenarios indicating a healthy, viable pregnancy. Good luck!

Thank you. I'm not sure how far I am - somewhere between 7 and 12 weeks. My periods are an unreliable indicator as I have PCOS. I therefore have lots of info to find out tomorrow!

I lee telling myself I have had no idictations of problems (no major cramping, no bleeding) but I just can't help worrying!

Here's hoping I'll be uploading a healthy pic tomorrow!

Thanks again!

I'm sat in the waiting room now.... got here over an hour early! Must be excited!! xx

Good luck! I'm in almost an identical situation - PCOS and random long cycles, unexpected BFP while waiting to do fertility treatment. I've got my dating scan tomorrow morning :) Hope you get a great outcome today! :flower:

Eeeek - I'm 12 weeks! All fine in there!!! xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->