Dating Scan

RedheadBabies

Expecting #3!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies! Looking for you opinions....

Had blood work done Friday (779) and then on Monday (2987). Was called with the results today, so it sounds like everything is going well.:cloud9: They had me schedule a dating scan, and the scheduler set me up for this Friday morning...I'll only be 5w5d...should I reschedule and push it back? I set it up this morning, and have been thinking about rescheduling all day. I know there won't be much to see at 5w5d, and I think it will only leave my mind reeling if I can't see baby. Was thinking about pushing it back to the 23rd, putting me at 7w4d... I should be able to see and hear baby then right?:shrug:

I had my first scan at 6 weeks. Had a vaginal ultrasound, which is more sensitive and visually accurate in early pregnancy and could see the baby but just barely. At 5w5d you'll be able to see the yolk sac and possibly the tiny baby that resembles a fishing lure at that stage (in my eyes). You'll definitely be able to see more at 7.5 weeks - I had my next scan at 8.5 weeks so I can't tell you what you'll see at 7.5wks. but I'll tell you only 2.5wks. after my first scan there was so much change. I could not believe my eyes - there was the clear form of a baby with a quickly beating heart. Was so amazing. :) In my opinion, to confirm the pregnancy is progressing well you could go in for the scan at 5w5d but if you'd like to see a clearer image definitely wait it out a couple more weeks although I know it's hard! Wishing you and baby all the best. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->