Dating

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by sunnybabe, Apr 22, 2009.

1. sunnybabe

sunnybabe Mummy to two naughty cats

Hi

Im a little confused... when people say how far along they are e.g 5week +3days are they talking about from when they conceived or when their last period was?

Thanks x

2. Mellage

Mellage Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys

Pregnancy is dated from the first day of your last period so it would be from then, threw me right out last time.

3. booflebump

booflebump Mummy to Toby

Its from the first day of your last LMP hun xxx

4. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

It's confusing my hubby no end is this! I'm telling him I'm 5 weeks but he knows that bubs was only conceived 3 weeks ago. I think he thought it was counted from last day of last period not first, so was a week behind in his head....

40 weeks counts from LMP as others have said x

5. Alibeebs

Alibeebs Mother of 1

Its the first day of your last period, I was confused too at start.

You are not actually pregnant in the first 1/2 weeks.

So for instance im 10 weeks 6 days, so my baby is actually more like 8 weeks 6 days.

Make sense???? xxx

6. DaisyBee

DaisyBee Mom of 2

I was actually doing mine figuring in ovulation timing - considering my conception date vs real lmp. Am I doing this wrong?? Not that it makes much difference in my days - but lmp was Mar 15 which counting forward would make it a few days off from what I was seeing on pregnology.com and justmommies.com/pregnancycalendar. They say because of my cycle legth - conception date I am 5 weeks today. Otherwise from just lmp I would be what??

7. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

You'd just be a couple of days behind Daisy cos I'm counting from LMP being 17 March which makes me 5 weeks and 1 day today.

The doc did say it's only a vague estimate till you have the 12 week scan, at which point they might move you a couple of days (or even a week or 2) either day depending on how big the baby is at that point.

x

8. sunnybabe

sunnybabe Mummy to two naughty cats

Thank you everyone... I had been so totally confused by it!! That makes more sense now :happydance:

9. shaunanicole

shaunanicole Guest

My doctors cant go by my last period because that date isn't accurate (we found that out when I went into the ER). They just told me how far along I was by the size of the baby in my U/S and that was it. ;)