Dating

sunnybabe

Mummy to two naughty cats
Reaction score
Hi

Im a little confused... when people say how far along they are e.g 5week +3days are they talking about from when they conceived or when their last period was?

Thanks x

Pregnancy is dated from the first day of your last period so it would be from then, threw me right out last time.

It's confusing my hubby no end is this! I'm telling him I'm 5 weeks but he knows that bubs was only conceived 3 weeks ago. I think he thought it was counted from last day of last period not first, so was a week behind in his head....

40 weeks counts from LMP as others have said x

Its the first day of your last period, I was confused too at start.

You are not actually pregnant in the first 1/2 weeks.

So for instance im 10 weeks 6 days, so my baby is actually more like 8 weeks 6 days.

Make sense???? xxx

I was actually doing mine figuring in ovulation timing - considering my conception date vs real lmp. Am I doing this wrong?? Not that it makes much difference in my days - but lmp was Mar 15 which counting forward would make it a few days off from what I was seeing on pregnology.com and justmommies.com/pregnancycalendar. They say because of my cycle legth - conception date I am 5 weeks today. Otherwise from just lmp I would be what??

You'd just be a couple of days behind Daisy cos I'm counting from LMP being 17 March which makes me 5 weeks and 1 day today.

The doc did say it's only a vague estimate till you have the 12 week scan, at which point they might move you a couple of days (or even a week or 2) either day depending on how big the baby is at that point.

x

Thank you everyone... I had been so totally confused by it!! That makes more sense now :happydance:

My doctors cant go by my last period because that date isn't accurate (we found that out when I went into the ER). They just told me how far along I was by the size of the baby in my U/S and that was it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->