Dating?

alysedelovely

little baby tegan and me
Reaction score
So, lately I've been struggling with dating. I feel guilty for dating someone and bringing them around tegan. I know I need to date, but it worries me to bring them around her, even though she's only 7 months. I mean, I just don't want a bunch of men walking in and out of her life. what is your stance on dating?

When i was dating my OH at first, i didn't introduce him to LO for about a month.
We went out once or twice a week (when FOB had her and when my mum would babysit for me) but we were already really good friends before we started going out so it was pretty easy.
If i were you i wouldn't introduce them to Tegan straight away, like you said, you don't want a bunch of men walking in and out of her life.
xxx

Well if I could find someone I'd go for it! :rofl:
But yeah, I wouldn't introduce them to Noah straight away. Especially as he's a little older than Tegan and might form an attachment or something. FOB's mum said when me and him broke up that she'd be happy to have Noah any time if I wanna go out with someone or something :) xxx

I meet this guy once a week ;) My Mum has Connor,she loves it lol. Although this week we're going for a meal at a child friendly restaurant, Connor will more than likely be asleep in his pram, although I am worried... Just because we're Mummys now doesn't mean we don't deserve to find someone nice :)

Is there anyone that could have Tegan while you go out on dates? That way she wont have to meet anyone until your serious about them? Just keep the dates out of the house and away from Tegan if your worried, then, when you find someone you really like, you can introduce them to her? Good luck :flower:

i've been feeling the same way!! My situation is kind of a pain cause i need a ride and someone to watch my lo. she's barily 5 months though so i'm not sure how seeing him would be different than any friend or stranger :haha: i'm just not gonna be like 'hey jimmy, hold the baby!' or make it her orientated. She'll stay by my mom and sister until im certain i want him to be around her.

Do it do it! Girl you need to be happy! Tegs is so young and she wont know. You deserve an amazing guy that treats you and Tegan like your the most important women in the world. <3

yea I felt like this, My mom babysat Quin when I had a date with OH and then I said okay" next week we can get together with both our kids" well i couldn't wait! lol he met quin 2 days after our first date, then I was still co-sleeping lol quin came into bed with us a couple times! poor OH! but its okay he has his own child that has come into bed with us too, try finding someone to babysit for the 1st few dates :)

thank you all. I was invited to go to a lakehouse with an old fling and really want to go. it would be overnight, obviously and my mom is willing to watch him. I just feel guilty for leaving her overnight to go have fun. if that makes sense?

Don't feel guilty, I've left Noah to have fun loads of times, we all need a break and if it could turn into something more then why not :) xx

I know I need a break sometimes haha, and I really should go. I would have such a great time!

Go have fun
then come back and tell me how it went:winkwink:

I use to feel really bad for leaving quin but I got over it :dohh::haha:

Something I've thought about.. not being married, not being 100% sure about what will come in the future,

I probably wouldn't introduce someone to Elyse for about 6 months, depending on the guy and the relationship.

I wouldn't bring someone around her that I wasn't serious about, I wouldn't try to be like "oh this is mummy's friend" etc because I don't think that's being honest. And at this point in my life, if I was single, I wouldn't be looking, I dunno I was in a 2 year relationship then a 4 year relationship nearly right after, I have to work and run a household and I have school courses.. and if I found someone by chance, I'd want to take it slow. Maybe a date per week, or they could come over after she's in bed or we could do stuff on her dad's days or something? The way I see it, if they make it to 6 months with me, they probably don't care that I'm a mom and are probably serious enough that it will last 6 more months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"