Day 12 Clomid scan....

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by Ruthie1, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Ruthie1

Ruthie1 Member

Hello,

I had my day 12 follicle tracking scan today and there was nothing. The nurse has rebooked me in for cd 17 to have another look, but she was really sceptical.

Can I still produce a follicle big enough to ovulate this cycle, or is it over for this one?

I am on 100mg.

I don't know why but i really thought that it would happen this month. :cry:

Thanks

2. kat08

kat08 Well-Known Member

Really sorry to hear that Ruthie but fingers crossed for your next scan!

Is it normal to have scans when on clomid? I have just started and have only been told to go for CD21 blood tests?

3. Mrs R

Mrs R Well-Known Member

Hi Ruthie

My first scan on clomid didn't go well either and I was told there was nothing there. I was gutted and was very surprised when af arrived after 29 days as the consultant said because there were no viable follicles that af prob would take a while to arrive (ie. over 35 days).

It was later explained to me by another consultant that they didn't mean there was literally nothing there (why say it then??!). I had many little follicles, it was just that none had developed enough to be ready to ovulate. Had I have gone for a scan a week later, I prob would have seen a nice big fat follicle.

So don't give up just wait. Wait to see how ur CD17 scan goes first coz u never know....

Good luck

4. Ruthie1

Ruthie1 Member

Hi Mrs R,

Thank you for that, that has made me feel a lot more hopeful.

x x x xx

5. Ruthie1

Ruthie1 Member

I think different doctors do different things. I was told that they would scan my first couple of cycles to check all was well and that I wasn't producing lots of follicles (I wish!!), and confirm ovulation with 21 day blood test and that if all was ok and it was working that I would be left to it and to see what happened.

x x