Day 22 of cycle with high HCG

Plainme

Reaction score
hello all,
i have been trying for a baby for about a year and a half. In november i had a m/c. I started my period 23 days ago, i bleed for 22 days and went into the doctor yesterday (on day 22) they told me that i was pregnant. Today i find out that my levels are already really high at 160. I have to go in tomorrow for an ultrasound and more blood testing to make sure that all is well. But now i am concerned after looking online. has anyone else had a very high level but still carried full term?

thank you for your advice in advance.

Hi!
I'm a bit confused by ur post. How far along in the pregnancy are u? Cuz 160 hcg is not high. My hcg was 150 just 2 days after I found out I'm pregnant which for me was 10dpo (CD 24) By the start of week 5 of pregnancy hcg is anywhere from 3000 to 5000 (on average).
So if u are cd 22, 160 is actually a pretty average hcg.
I wouldn't worry if I were u, congrats on ur pregnancy!

i am on cycle day 23 now. the doctor told me that was pretty high.
If you dont mind me asking, how far along are you now?

I'm surprised ur doc said that...i mean it's a bit high, but it's still within normal range. Maybe ur having twins! Either way, I wouldn't worry. Like I said my numbers were about the same, I'm now 5wks+2days. I had my first US yesterday and everything was perfect, they said I will hear the heartbeat at the next one (this coming Monday). So yah definitely don't worry :) keep us posted!

thank you so much. You literally have no idea how much my nerves have just been calmed.

That doesnt sound high? Im confused why your doc would say that!
Also, is it normal for you to bleed for 3 weeks? was there a cause for that?

i have never bleed that long before, but a side effect of Clomid is abnormal bleeding. I am having more tests done tomorrow to confirm what is going on. but at this point the nurse/doctor said that having a level of 160 on day 22 of cycle is high.. i am not even a month.

If you ovulated on CD 14 that would put you at 8dpo, and with an hcg of 160 on 8dpo that IS indeed high! Do you know how many dpo you are? Because if you ovulated early you would be further dpo and then it wouldn't be that high. If you took clomid were they monitoring you at all??

My HCG was 240 a day after my missed period with our son and wasnt told it was high.

Looking at my paperwork from the hospital the ranges are as followed
1 week after.conception 5-50
2 weeks after 40-1,000
3 weeks after 100-4,000
4 weeks after 800-10,000

So your levels look perfect

I was not being monitored as far as ovulation. I would go in on day 21 cd and they would test my progesterone to see if i ovulated. this time when i took the test on CD 22 i was pregnant already. i am not sure the exact day that i ovulated. With my first son i took clomid and i was high as well but i dont remember what the levels were.

If your HCG started at 5 it would only take it 11-13 days to get to 160 so if you ovulated early or your doubling time is faster then its well within the range of normal

that is what i am hoping for. I just pray that i will be able to keep this baby. It is an amazing miracle. The doctors just seemed concerned.

My HCG doubled really fast with our son and this time around I have had it checked once at 7w4d and it was an "astronomical" (the actual word the NP used lol) 177,225 (which falls in the 8-9 and 9-12 week range) and she was really happy with it. I found baby on my doppler yesterday with a strong heartbeat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->