Day 8 with HIGH - In the 2ww but no idea if I ovulated or when it happened if I did!

Jetset

Reaction score
So I 'think' I am now in the 2ww but actually had the strangest cycle with very bizarre readings!

This is our second month TTC after a 5 year gap since our daughter and I opted to use the CBFM as I have no idea what happens in my cycle.

From CD7 to CD13 (today) I have had consistently HIGH readings with no peaks or lows. Therefore I have absolutely no idea if I have ovulated and if I have, I have no idea when it could have happened!

This is just getting crazy now!

So far this cycle goes as follows -

CD1 - CD5 : AF
CD6 - forgot to test
CD7 - high
CD8 - high (DTD)
CD9 - high - tiny amounts of bright red blood in lots of CM
CD10 - high (DTD)
CD11 - high (DTD)
CD12 - high (DTD)
CD13 - high

So here I am, in the 2ww not actually knowing whether I should even be in this forum!!! I have a 24 day cycle normally (was 21 last month) so expecting AF around 27th December 😢

Thank you... still doing the CBFM tests as still showing high so got another one tomorrow! It is insane!!!

Do you think maybe you o'd around cd9 and the blood was OB?

I have absolutely no idea, but surely if I did O I wouldn't still be reading high on the monitor. Today is the 8th day (CD14)!!!

That is crazy! I was going to try using that monitor next cycle but I'm a bit nervous as opks don't really work for me!

I used the cbfm a while back before my son was born. When I first got the monitor it had to become familiar with my cycle, so for the first two months the high days were weird. Once the monitor gives you high it won't go back to low until you peak. After the first peak the monitor goes into its own cycle the next day is a peak no matter what, so I never waste the sticks after the first day of peak. If I want to check it I will use the regular pink opk sticks with the opk kit. I hope this all makes sense.

Thanks FutureBabyG...

I'm now CD15 and have had HIGH since CD7. So this suggests I haven't ovulated.

Still high this am.

Another high this morning so that is 10... therefore I think I am out this month as haven't ovulated

Jetset that many days of high that must be so frustrating! Is this your first month using the monitor? Maybe since you have a short cycle and ovulate early, your estrogen and LH level had already started to rise when you started using the monitor on day 7, so it couldn't set a proper baseline level?

Have you been tracking any other fertile signs like CM or CP? The bleeding on CD9 could have been O, which would make sense with your normal cycle length. I guess just keep BDing every other or third day just in case you haven't O'd yet. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->