• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Dd will only sleep on the floor

lovemybubba

New mummy
Reaction score
Dd is nearly 2. For a few weeks now, evertime I put her in her cot, she'd scream and point at the floor. So I'd lay a big duvet on the floor, folded over, pop her pillow down and she'd fall straight asleep.
I tried to move her back into her cot once she had been asleep for a little while, but she'd wake up and have a meltdown, lay her on the floor again and she'd instantly stop.

I started to think that maybe she felt trapped in a cot, so took one of the sides off, but no, still wants the damn floor.
I'm feeling like an awful mum for letting her sleep there all night, but I'm just at a loss. She'll sleep through the whole night there if i leave her. She's even been sleeping in longer in the mornings.

How can I get her back into her bed!? And has anyone else dealt with similar?

I've never dealt with this personally, but I'd say so long as she is sleeping well and seems well rested then just go with it. Might just be a toddler exercising her new found right to choose. I'd personally just let her sleep on the floor, but leave the side off her cot so if she ever choses to she could get back into bed. Maybe keep trying to put her in the cot at bedtime but don't make a big deal out of it if she asks for the floor instead. Is her mattress perhaps too soft and she likes the firmness of the floor? What if you put the cot mattress on the floor?

Sounds like she’s ready to ditch the cot! I agree with jessmke - if she’s happy and rested I wouldn’t worry too much about it and just go with it. My 3.5yo now sleeps in a bunk but when he started escaping his crib we moved him into a mattress on the floor for a few months. Maybe she’d go for that?

Thanks guys! I'm going to try mattress on the floor tonight, to see what it could be.

Is she maybe feeling a bit restricted in the cot now? Maybe time for a toddler or even a single bed that's low to the floor (we have ikea ones which are only inches off the floor but full length) Don't feel awful for letting her sleep, you are only doing what you can to make your lo comfortable x

Why not just leave her on the floor where she's comfortable? Violet wanted to sleep on the floor a few times. She never stayed there, but I didn't fight it either. I don't really see it as an issue if she has an unconventional (and safe) preference for where she sleeps.

You can get some bed frames that are super low to the floor, practically on the floor! Like those wooden house frame type beds? Similar to those ones! Probably worth having something like that! I used to roll out of bed a lot, so I didn't like higher beds myself. I don't even like the higher bed I've got now, it feels really odd!

Yeah I’d look at those beds that are on the floor, I know the racing car ones are flat to the floor.
For the time being let her sleep where she’s happy as long as she’s safe and comfortable! Definitely sounds ready to ditch her cot :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"