DE IVF before, during, after, & chats inbetween

Status
Not open for further replies.

2have4kids

Mother of 3
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm just opening a thread wanting to welcome all those who have or are going through DE IVF or have created your miracle family this way. This thread is for mutual support of each other and chats about life in general:flower:

I'm here!!!!! Hi 2have :) I'm on my way out but will be back to say a bigger hi :) yay a shiny new thread !!!!

Shiny new & positively inclusive for pregnant ladies, moms and those of us still waiting to DE IVF cycle.

My surrogate is getting checked over by her doc next week. I'm still thinking it could all fall through at the last minute and I'll be doing a fresh DE IVF in April. Walking on tippy toes on a wire:haha:

TGIF, went out for lunch with family today. Aunt is in town, i <3 eating out. Any weekend plans ladies?

I am here! The In betweener! So ladies how do I get my insurance to do those tests without them knowing I am trying to TTC! Can I claim some immunology issue?

The In Betweeners are my fav Garnet lol. Punn intended, I really did laugh my guts out with that tv series & movie. It's a favourite when we hang with the nephews.

Shiny new & positively inclusive for pregnant ladies, moms and those of us still waiting to DE IVF cycle.

My surrogate is getting checked over by her doc next week. I'm still thinking it could all fall through at the last minute and I'll be doing a fresh DE IVF in April. Walking on tippy toes on a wire:haha:

TGIF, went out for lunch with family today. Aunt is in town, i <3 eating out. Any weekend plans ladies?

Think positive and you will have your quads before you know it!:thumbup::haha::haha:

Thx luv, I completely believe this too :flower: positivity is the key!!

Fancy seeing you ladies here! :winkwink::haha:

Hubby and I watched the new Inbetweeners "down under" movie the other day. SO vulgar but pretty funny. No major plans for the weekend... Had every intention of washing the cars but the weather has turned south - so guess I'll just have to watch a DVD under the blankets, eat chocolate biscuits and drink tea instead! :haha: Going to start slowly increasing my exercise over the next few days after getting the (sort of) "all clear" on Thursday. I still think my Doc is a little nervous about the outcome of the pregnancy, or maybe because he's nervous that I've had other medical issues previously. But I feel fantastic at the moment (better than I have in a long time, really) so I'm just going to trust my body and go with what I feel.

2have - it's such a process to go through. I can't imagine the emotions involved. I remember when my friend offered to donate, some part of me just couldn't trust it would ever actually happen. I kept expecting something to pop up and go wrong. I never thought she'd back out, but always worried some test would come back that meant we couldn't do it. Every time I got excited I would chastise myself and say "Don't be so stupid. You won't get your happy ending." I don't think I let myself believe it would happen until I took her for her EC. It's a natural defence mechanism. Just try to trust the process, and it may all go much smoother than you think! :hugs:

Enjoy the weekend, ladies. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Love yas' all!

xo

Fancy seeing you ladies here! :winkwink::haha:

Hubby and I watched the new Inbetweeners "down under" movie the other day. SO vulgar but pretty funny. No major plans for the weekend... Had every intention of washing the cars but the weather has turned south - so guess I'll just have to watch a DVD under the blankets, eat chocolate biscuits and drink tea instead! :haha: Going to start slowly increasing my exercise over the next few days after getting the (sort of) "all clear" on Thursday. I still think my Doc is a little nervous about the outcome of the pregnancy, or maybe because he's nervous that I've had other medical issues previously. But I feel fantastic at the moment (better than I have in a long time, really) so I'm just going to trust my body and go with what I feel.

2have - it's such a process to go through. I can't imagine the emotions involved. I remember when my friend offered to donate, some part of me just couldn't trust it would ever actually happen. I kept expecting something to pop up and go wrong. I never thought she'd back out, but always worried some test would come back that meant we couldn't do it. Every time I got excited I would chastise myself and say "Don't be so stupid. You won't get your happy ending." I don't think I let myself believe it would happen until I took her for her EC. It's a natural defence mechanism. Just try to trust the process, and it may all go much smoother than you think! :hugs:

Enjoy the weekend, ladies. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Love yas' all!

xo
Nice to read ya Jooba:winkwink:
Waaat? There's a down under Inbetweeners movie? I can't believe I didn't know about it lol Thank you!!

It's hard to trust the surrogacy process -egg donation & surrogacy is so involved. We'll take it one day at a time. You are right!! Something good could happen. And until it doesn't I hope it will.:winkwink:

:hi:
I've got a meet with some bnb ladies on Sunday, so exciting :happydance:

2have your friend is amazing. Fingers crossed everything goes well and she's ready to go.

I still need to see the second inbetweeners film :)

Butterfly , I would love to have a meet up someday, some of you I've known for a very long time :) I hope you enjoy it :hugs: I bet A will have so many hugs and kisses he won't know what hit him :)

2have, I just have a good feeling about this surrogate, she seems really sure of what she wants to do and she has a giving nature in general. I still think the best scenario is of you both get pregnant :)

Garnet, if my RI puts medical tests in anyway IVF related they are not covered so he just bulk bills as normal medical tests. Totally different to your medical stuff but could your doctor just ask for surface markers to get started and see how those come back? The other option is to just test NKC and MTHFR for now?

Jooba, I find it hard to believe Brisbane is having a bad weather day!! :) we're having a typicalMelbourne weather day it's sunny one minute and showers the next haha!

Well I have news I put on my only pair of still fitting jeans.. Everything fit last week, so I had a pair of boyfriend jeans from Gap which I loved because they were a loose fit. I laid on the sofa while Mark watched Hell on Wheels and had to unbutton them. When I woke up I could not fasten them... Even my leggings are getting tight in the waist :haha: I don't want to get maternity pants yet because I'm still so early so I may just go buy bigger leggings just for now. The sonographer said my uterus was already out of my pelvis on Thursday but it's a daily growth now. It's truly amazing, I feel so lucky

I am really looking forward to chatting with everyone and getting to know everyone :)

We'll hello ladies! I found you (thanks Crystal!).
2have, this is def going to happen for you one way or the other, you're so determined!!
Jooba, you know with all the excitement of positive tests etc I forgot your donor was your friend! Oh and can I just say please don't EVER feel guilty that we cycles together and it worked for you and not for me, that's just the way things go. I was over the moon for you!
Garnet, does this mean you're thinking if having another go? It would be great if you could blag the tests on your insurance. There's no way I can, my insurance doesn't cover any fertility treatment and NHS don't recognise NKC issues because of the lack of scientific trials and evidence.
Crystal those twins are growing! Part of me really hopes if we go again and it works it will be twins. You were Reprofit right? Can I ask what your treatment profile was?
I've been thinking about the tests, I'm def up for NKC Assay, but confused about Thrombotic risk. I've tried searching on this and implantation issues and I can't find anything. I know that for ladies who have had recurrent miscarriages then they think this is linked but I never even get pregnant so what's the link there? It's another £400 so need to know that it's worthwhile doing, that and the fact that I haven't told DH :) 2have you know all there is to know about immunity, any ideas? x
Great to see you all here! My weekend is allotment, dinner with my nephew and family as he leaves home to go to Unie tomorrow, then Sunday a wedding of some guy DH used to work with, bah humbug, don't know them and don't want to go but have to!! x

Hi Pussycat :)

I think I can answer your question I had problems getting pregnant with my first two and had to use Clomid. I finally got pregnant and then had issues from the start with blood pressure, then it was blood flow problems to the placenta etc. it was one problem after another. Once I had JD I couldn't get implantation at all until 2012 then out of the blue I had a string of miscarriages. Very strange....

When I first spoke with Dr.Matthias one of my first questions was about my placenta problems and no implantation which is what happens when you have no implantation or no pregnancies. I have MTHFR but there are lots of other issues you can have and what happens is when the fertilised egg tries to implant little tiny blood clots form and prevent the placenta from trying to form. Giving is implantation failure, I'm on 60mgs of Clexane to stop those little clots and allow the placenta to take root and be a good functioning placenta. I stay on 60 mgs until 12 weeks and if blood flow is good I'll drop back to 40 mgs. I also take a low dose aspirin everyday. I've never had lining issues or anything so I have good blood flow it's just when the placenta tries to start growing that I have issues. So you not getting pregnant is a very good indication your problem starts with implantation.

NKC also play a role and your immune system in general, things that are usually red flags are TWW symptoms like sore throat, I get eczema flares, migraines and I never ever get ill.

I really like Reprofit, they like to get he job done and want you to get pregnant. I have a friend that is on her third donor embryo cycle and they gave it to her for free this time. I had 12 eggs 8 fertilised and 4 frozen :)

Definately try to have the testing done :) My old IVF clinic when I went kept saying Reproductive Immunolgy was not supported in the medical community but yet they kept telling me I had some sort of immune problem. Today they do test and treat immune issues, it's just a very new area of medicine but it is gaining recognition all the time:) I sought help because nothing was working, this is my second cycle with Dr.Matthias and while I don't know if I believe all of it I know without it I wouldn't be pregnant :) hang in there !

Hi,

I have closed this thread.

I am fully aware of a situation on another support thread and why this thread has been opened however I don't feel trying to move a very supportive thread and creating a divide is the best way to deal with these situations.

All members have an 'ignore' feature in their CP if they wish to use it. On forums you will come across users you may not like or share the same opinions with, that is normal but you can't stop anyone participating in discussions (and as per forum rules anti-social activity is not acceptable), you just have to ignore those you don't get on with/agree with.

If you wish to discuss this further please contact me. If contact is made with another member of my team I have requested it be passed over to me without further comment. It isn't always easy trying to be friend and moderator ;)

Wobbles <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back