dealing with hardcore nappy rash..help!

beatnick

Reaction score
Hi Girls

I think zakk has molars cominng and he has the most horredous nappy rash. he never normally gets it.

its red raw, angry looking and he literally is screaming with pain with it. earlier on he had a massive tantrum and i just ignored it (been having to lately) but i didnt twig he had done a poo and it was hurting.

devestated guilt followed.

we are usingg sudo, canestan and my friend gave me some daktarin cream to try but ive decided to see the dr tomorrow and see what they suggest.

he literally has to go without a nappy to be happy and ive wiped up that much wee and poop im starting to wish i had a potty to throw him on!

ijust got him tobed, thick with sudocreme and canistan in hope its soothed all night.

any suggestions? :cry:

Have you tried metanium? Yellow and stainy! But works maybe a trip ti docs to check and of lucky might give you prescription for it - although can buy over counter

I would recommend metanium too- it clears up my lo's far better than anything else

Agree with mentanium, E had such bad nappy rash it was bleeding :( but that stuff was amazing, it cleared up completely overnight. Hope you get it sorted soon.x

i swear by metanium. LO had awful nappy rash that was blistering and bleeding. I put the cream on before bed and the Metanium had literally cleared it all up by the next morning.

Hope you LO feels better soon x

I don't have much advice regarding nappy creams because they are different in the US than they are in the UK. But my DS has a really horrible nappy rash recently (and still does, but thankfully it's getting better) and I would just leave him bare, even if he was peeing everywhere.. I'd rather clean it up off the ground and have him comfortable than uncomfortable with a nappy on! That's just what I do. Hope it gets better and the DR gives you some better advice tmrw!

ok im asking for metanium tomorrow!

its such a shock as he doesnt really ever get it.. and if he does sudo seems to clear it up.

ive done lots of poop and wee wiping up today. i even stuck him in the garden to give him a cool breeze up the kilt!

My doctor gave me trimovate (which is also yellow so similar to metanium??) and it has a triple action including an anti bacterial agent and a medium strength steroid. I don't know if it works cos by the time I got the appointment :growlmad: the viral rash had almost healed on its own.

I agree with the metanium.

Personally I would not use sudocrem ever again. I had to use it once and it stung like crazy, OH and FIL said the same. (from rashes caused my cycling).

I tend to have nappy free days too, a bit of fresh air to their bits does wonders for it!!

NB: you may need a potty or towels handy!

Agree with the others - metanium is great and it works really quickly x x

thanks girls. im on the phone right away tomorrow.

"you are 125th in the queue and dont even bother to try and get an appointment today...."

had the exact same last week with frankie, turned out to be a fungal infection. doc gave us some anti fungal cream and it was gone within a few days xxx

had the exact same last week with frankie, turned out to be a fungal infection. doc gave us some anti fungal cream and it was gone within a few days xxx

i think this might be what is going on so hopefully some prescibed cream will do the job. :thumbup:

My LO had bad nappy rash when he was really little, lots of nappy off time does wonders.

Metanium, Daktarin, Bepanthen, Sudocrem none of those did anything for my LO and if anything they made his little bum even more red. In the end we were given Conotrane, which is a geranium based cream often used to treat bedsores, by the doctor and it was amazing! Since then we have discovered Weleda nappy cream and it's brilliant, he hasn't had a red bum since. The Burt's Bees Baby Nappy Ointment is great too.

Metanium fan here too!! Tends to stain clothing/bedding etc but it works a treat. xx

Metanium is great stuff!

Also breastmilk if you are BF - cover the rash in it and leave it to air dry :thumbup:

just wanted to thank everyone for advice! i got some metanium today and awaited presciption cream.

after a couple of shots with the metanium it was loads better. ive used the prescription cream too just to make sure. he is such a happy little chicken today. its like he is so relieved!!!

thanks bnb girls for sorting my life out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"