Dealing with MTHFR

staycb01

Reaction score
I've had several chemical pregnancies and recently did a bunch of tests with my RE. He said that I had a copy of the MTHFR (hetero-copy) and that along brings the high homocysteine levels.

Have any of you had this issue and went on to have healthy pregnancies? If so, what did you take?

My RE said to take baby aspirin and extra folic acid & vit B complex. But I'm wondering if that seems enough....

I just found out today I have MTHFR but Homgynous both parents so mine is worse!!

My dr told me I need Mthyl folate cuz we can't process reg Folic acid and the Mthyl form of b12!!
I'm really just learn about all this stuff myself if I find more info I will let u know

Oh thank you for your response! My RE put in a prescription form of folic acid for me, but not sure what it's called yet since i still need to pick it up.
I started on an extra vitamin B complex on top of my prenatal and folic acid, and asprin. Just so desperate for something to work.
Keep me posted if you find out anything more :)

Hi! I have 2 copies of mthfr. Like sis said you need methyl folate not folic acid. If your dr gave you a rx then it's probably just regular folic acid. You also need to make sure your b complex is the methylated form also. I order all my vitamins from Seekinghealth.com. I also take a baby aspirin.

I have MTHFR (hetero) with elevated homocysteine. I found out after my 3rd miscarriage....I took 4mg of folic acid and 80mg aspirin. My 4th pregnancy was a success!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"