Dear FOB's mum,

Discussion in 'Teenage Parenting' started by annawrigley, Jan 31, 2011.

1. annawrigley

annawrigley Guest

Just to let you know, in case it slipped your mind... You are not Noah's mother. Now in case you slept with your son and defied your menopause, I think you'll find he's mine. That means I make the decisions for him while he's too young to make them for himself. Yknow, its part of being a mother. Along with the sleepless nights for 11 months. And unless you wanna take those too, I'd say making his decisions is part of my job. So before you go round AGAIN telling people what school you have decided he's going to, when I have told you numerous times I don't want him going there and he is going to the primary school I went to (a decision I made before he was even BORN), please bare in mind it is not your choice, and however much you seem to think telling people he's going there will change my mind and miraculously make it true, it won't. Tbh, since my new house is over the road from that school I would have seriously considered it if it wasnt for a) You making the decision for me and assuming that because your precious daughter went there (30 years ago) it means your precious grandson has to too and b) Its a strict catholic school and I do not want that forced on my child since I'm not bringing him up as a catholic so it would make no sense to send him there since if he comes home after bible class or whatever on earth they teach there and asks me if I believe in God, I am not going to lie, I am going to tell him no. But since you felt the need to stick your oar in, as you do with every aspect of Noah's upbringing, there's now not a chance in hell he's going there.

Also, don't call my child naughty. He is a 10 month old baby, he is not naughty. Do not continue when I tell you to stop, insisting that "he has to learn". Yes, he does, but not right now. He doesn't understand now. And even when he's old enough to understand you will not be calling him naughty. Ever heard of the self-fulfilling prophecy? FOB is a good example of this. Call a child naughty and they will become naughty.

You messed up your job of bringing FOB up well, so let me do my job with Noah and hope he doesnt turn into the piece of shit his father is.

That's all
    BYE!

Sorry had to post this, I was fuming lol and would have ended up saying this to FOB who would have found it funny to tell her.

2. LovingYou

LovingYou Karinna and Willow's mom

3. lizardbreath

lizardbreath Guest

Very Well Put.

4. x__amour

x__amour Mommy.

Haha, this made me laugh! :lol:
    Grandparents, I swear. Good for you for sticking up to her, Anna! :hugs:

5. xgem27x

xgem27x Well-Known Member

Know the feeling!! My mum is all about being the one in control and the fact that her daughter left home at 17 and has her own life and own family, and her son left to go to Austrailia (good move bro!!) so is miles away from her, she can't cope because she needs to control people and boss them around and have things done HER way but no one wants to know! I can be on the phone to her for about 3 minutes and I will come off and be fuming, wont be able to stop ranting over what bollocks shes just said and actually need a stiff vodka and a fag... and I dont even smoke!! :haha:

6. amygwen

amygwen Mom to Kenny & Gwendoline

Very well put Anna! She sounds sooooo irritating

7. rainbows_x

rainbows_x Mummy.

:hugs:
    I understand exactly what you mean! x

8. lucy_x

lucy_x Mummy To Two Stunners

:hugs:
    Shame you cant really send it her :lol:

9. Sarah10

Sarah10 Guest

She sounds annoying! (without that sounding mean as i don't know her lol) but noah is YOUR baby, you make all the decisions!!!

10. Hotbump

Hotbump SAHM, student, & wife :)

Yay anna! This made my day :haha: my mom was kinda of the same she is getting better. When i went to her house and i was pregnant, she would say "oh my lets see if i can find you a shirt to cover your bump" hello!? Im 8 months pregnant, every one in my family knows im pregnant. She did that with both of my pregnancies. She just didnt like me showing my bump because i was a teen. Wtf? Sorry i went on my own little rant there.lol.

11. erika112233

erika112233 Guest

Hhahahahaaa know the feeling!!!! x

12. annawrigley

annawrigley Guest

Lol thanks. Except I didnt. Unless she has BnB :wacko: I can just see it now
    "Hiiiiiii, my name's *******, my little boy OOPS i mean my grandson is called Noah, hes 10 months old....."

Another thing that annoys me (you've set me off now :haha:) is she had her daughter when she was 17, and always goes on about how hard it is, yet she had an OH, she lived with her parents who did ALL of the childcare and i mean all of it, the baby slept in her parents room and MIL never ONCE got up with her in the night! Her parents both worked but worked their breaks and lunches around being able to come home and feed/change the baby in between her naps. So the only time MIL was alone with her until she was about 4 years old is when she was sleeping!!! And she says all this with pride :wacko: If my parents looked after Noah completely while I sat back living the high life I definitely wouldnt be boasting about it!

13. laura1991

laura1991 Mummy to Lily

This made me laugh! Fob mum is also sooo interfering, shes a midwife and actually started crying when I said I wouldnt breastfeed! She often tried talking over! Its not there child!

14. lily123

lily123 Mammy <3

Anna you crack me up :haha:
    But seriously, i feel your pain! FOB's mum is quite similar, she wants me to sent Esmee to Bootham - has she actually seen the price per term?!?! unless she's gonna pay for her to go, then there's no way :haha:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

15. Mellie1988

Mellie1988 Mummy Of 2, Number 3 Due

:rofl: Anna you do make me giggle missy! That would do my head in too....sounds abit like my Grandma :/ shes always telling me that we should move back to where I grew up and send my kids to the school that I went too because the schools round near me don't have outstanding OFSTED reports (yes shes been researching my kids future!)....erm noo?! Its like 25 miles from where I live now, I like living here now, OHs job is up here etc....a school is a school IMO, yes some may be better than others, but if they were that shocking, then they wouldn't be allowed to teach there, they have to be to OFSTED standards etcc...Sorry went off on one there lol!

Hope she backs off soon, think you might just have to be a little more straight with her thoughh!!

x

16. Lauraxamy

Lauraxamy Well-Known Member

Very well put! :haha: Some people are so annoying in how controling they can be.. I hope it gets better :hugs: xx

17. annawrigley

annawrigley Guest

Ha FOB wants Noah to go to Bootham, I said if you wanna pay for it go ahead. He said he will cos he will be on £30k a year by then thanks to his dazzling university education :smug: We'll see, we shalllll seeee......

Oh yes apparently this school I went to is on the 'top 100 worst schools in York'. Umm... I dont think there are even 100 schools in York... But ok... If it was good enough for me its good enough for him! I thought it was a great school :shrug: xx

18. rockys-mumma

rockys-mumma Mummy to two lovely boys

19. rockys-mumma

rockys-mumma Mummy to two lovely boys

:rofl:

20. Abblebubba

Abblebubba WTT Sept '15 - #2

:rofl:
    I feel your pain honey it is totally unacceptable that MIL feel they gave birth to your baby
    I had it with my MIL, When i was pregnant i would go round there and she would say
    gosh you look hot lets get your coat off & i bet you havent fed my grandson any fruit
    today i'll go get you some you must eat it.
    & she'd pull my tops up to cover my chest and say " gosh gives off the wrong imagine for my grandson" :grr:
    WHAT?!?! LOL
    On the plus side AS SOON as i met my current OH she was not impressed and i told her he is MY baby your son is a useless *BEEP* & i make EVERY decision MY son wil EVER need :D