Dear lord the nausea is too strong...

dreadOHdreads

Reaction score
I am really struggling this go round. My first pregnancy I had morning sickness but it wasn't nearly this bad. It's so bad that it wakes me up from my sleep.

My Diclegis is pretty much useless- last time it helped so much. I caved in and asked my doctor for something else to take to help combat the sickness and she gave me Zofran.

I am so torn on it. Between studies flip flopping back and forth between it being not recommended to pregnancy to safe to use and those women who shared stories of having babies born with problems because of it...

My brain tells me it's safe- that seeing how so many women take it if there was an actual risk to babies the amount of babies born with defects would be much much higher.

But my heart nags at me making me stress out about the safety of my baby.

Also it's the fact that when I did take it it only helped my nausea for a few hours until it was back full blown again. So like I feel like it's not worth taking seeing how it doesn't last nearly as long as it should.

But oh man...I'm only 6 weeks and 5 days. Plus I have a 4 month old to take care of. I dunno what to do :(

Ask your doctor about B6 and Unisom. I know you can get it OTC but the doctors gave me one that was already mixed with both. It took a few days to build up in my system but it really helped me out. I plan to ask my doctors about it when my nausea kicks in more.

Ask your doctor about B6 and Unisom. I know you can get it OTC but the doctors gave me one that was already mixed with both. It took a few days to build up in my system but it really helped me out. I plan to ask my doctors about it when my nausea kicks in more.

Yeah that's what I have- Diclegis is B6 and Unisom. It worked so well with my first pregnancy but isn't doing anything this go round :(

Oh bless you :-( i hated the first few weeks this time and last time. I think i am coming out the worst bit now but between 6 and 10 weeks it was tough. I felt so nauseous some days oh had to work downstairs with my toddler running about whilst i took to my bed. It is grim. But with your little one being so young get rest! Lay in bed and take it easy. Take nappies milk and a soft toy and let little one lay on the bed with you. I hope it passes soon. You are not alone in feeling anxious when you have another one needing you. I hope some ladies on here can give your their experiences with the medication. Ive never used it but if i was as bad as you I absolutely would if the dr prescribed it then it should be very safe.

I found eating salted crisps regular or crackers or dry biscuits id feel better than going several hours without food. I wore sickness bands although they make not have helped much i think they helped a little. Other than that it was a case of resting. My house is messier than id like but its only for a few weeks. Im slowly getting back out more. Walking etc. i saw my friend properly today for the first time in weeks. We took them to the park and it was great to see her. Its been hard being at home so much! Remember you will get there. X

But with your little one being so young get rest! Lay in bed and take it easy. Take nappies milk and a soft toy and let little one lay on the bed with you. I hope it passes soon. You are not alone in feeling anxious when you have another one needing you. I hope some ladies on here can give your their experiences with the medication. Ive never used it but if i was as bad as you I absolutely would if the dr prescribed it then it should be very safe.

Yeah, we do a lot of laying around together lol. I even bought premade formula so I don't have to get up and stand at the sink to mix his bottles. Even sitting in the recliner or laying down the nausea is sooo strong. Maybe if I talk to my doctor about my medicine concerns she can ease my fears.

I feel you!! I've been nauseous, but this morning I woke up and it was 1000 times worse. I threw up and keep feeling awful. I took Zofran last pregnancy, but I was teaching so I would take it during school to help me get through the day. It didn't last long for me, either, so I didn't bother taking it weekends. I'm probably going to get it again this time around for times when I'm really bad (and when carrying around a trash can isn't an option!). I was also torn on whether I should take it, but my doctor assured me dehydration was worse for the baby (I couldn't keep down fluids.)

Go back to the doctor and ask for something else, if it's a drug you're unsure there are plenty more to try that have been proven safe in pregnancy plus something else might be more effective for you. I needed anti nausea meds to function this time - small age gap here too so I also had horrendous nausea and a small baby, you don't need to suffer needlessly.

I am really struggling this go round. My first pregnancy I had morning sickness but it wasn't nearly this bad. It's so bad that it wakes me up from my sleep.

My Diclegis is pretty much useless- last time it helped so much. I caved in and asked my doctor for something else to take to help combat the sickness and she gave me Zofran.

I am so torn on it. Between studies flip flopping back and forth between it being not recommended to pregnancy to safe to use and those women who shared stories of having babies born with problems because of it...

My brain tells me it's safe- that seeing how so many women take it if there was an actual risk to babies the amount of babies born with defects would be much much higher.

But my heart nags at me making me stress out about the safety of my baby.

Also it's the fact that when I did take it it only helped my nausea for a few hours until it was back full blown again. So like I feel like it's not worth taking seeing how it doesn't last nearly as long as it should.

But oh man...I'm only 6 weeks and 5 days. Plus I have a 4 month old to take care of. I dunno what to do :(

I took Zofran during my first pregnancy, I had no issues with it! I'd say if you're worried about it, only take it on the days when you HAVE to leave the house and can't function without it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"