Debate and Discussions about symptoms, OPKs, HPTs, and anything else to distract!

Pola my brother's finacee has 2 of the fattest cats I've ever seen! One is a bengal tiger mixed w/ house cat mixed w/ bob cat.

ahhh I love fat cats!! I love to watch funny videos of cats on youtube :D

I'm more of a dog person too, but I do adore cats as well. :) They are bit easier in that they are more independent.

I don't really have a preference boy or girl - I'd be happy with either one, but if I had a choice, I would choose a girl for a couple of reasons. 1) because I don't want to have to think about the whole circumcision debate (people have very strong opinions on both sides) and 2) because it would be the first granddaughter and great granddaughter on both sides. Though I have to admit, boys are just sooo much fun!

I thought I'd add my 2cents to the circumcision debate.. lol. I dated a guy who's best friend had a circumcision when he was an adult, because he felt like he wasn't "normal" because most men do have it when they're babies. He said that he had lost sensation and that sex wasn't as good after. So for that reason I don't think it's my place to make that decision for my future son(s).
And for my daughter as much as I wanted to pierce her ears, I didn't that should be her choice.
Just my 2 cents.. :haha:

I have at times done some things of the Shettle's Method, but I would be happy with either sex. So like they say to BD 2-3 days before OV and that's it for a girl, but I think if I wanted another girl I would still BD all the days I could to increase chances for pregnancy over a possible pregnancy/gender. If I already had 3-4 kids then I would consider it.. :)

I'm more of a dog person too, but I do adore cats as well. :) They are bit easier in that they are more independent.

I don't really have a preference boy or girl - I'd be happy with either one, but if I had a choice, I would choose a girl for a couple of reasons. 1) because I don't want to have to think about the whole circumcision debate (people have very strong opinions on both sides) and 2) because it would be the first granddaughter and great granddaughter on both sides. Though I have to admit, boys are just sooo much fun!

I thought I'd add my 2cents to the circumcision debate.. lol. I dated a guy who's best friend had a circumcision when he was an adult, because he felt like he wasn't "normal" because most men do have it when they're babies. He said that he had lost sensation and that sex wasn't as good after. So for that reason I don't think it's my place to make that decision for my future son(s).
And for my daughter as much as I wanted to pierce her ears, I didn't that should be her choice.
Just my 2 cents.. :haha:

I feel the same way. Plus it's really most prevalent in the states, though now it's getting to about 50/50. DH's biggest thing with it is that if we don't (if we have a boy) he won't "be like him". My sister is completely for it, said some pretty insensitive things about people who don't have their boys circumcised. I just don't want to have to deal with that. I think if it's medically needed, then I would do it. Anyhow, since I know people are very passionate about this subject I don't want to start a debate (there was one in the 2nd tri forum and it got pretty brutal).

I've read about the Shuttles method, but after researching it, I found it was split on whether it actually works or not. There are so many different methods, all pretty much different. I found a site awhile ago that had a few methods listed. After trying so long with not one hint of a BFP, we just BD every other day (except during AF) and then every day around O.

I say people may have their own opinions, but I tell people in my life it is just that opinions welcomed when asked for otherwise keep them to yourself!! bahahahaha we told this to our everybody including our parents when we got pregnant with my daughter.

Hahaha! I love that response, may have to add that to my arsenal. :) I didn't say much to my sister - had to bite my tongue - choose your battles. :)

I've read about the Shuttles method, but after researching it, I found it was split on whether it actually works or not. There are so many different methods, all pretty much different. I found a site awhile ago that had a few methods listed. After trying so long with not one hint of a BFP, we just BD every other day (except during AF) and then every day around O.

When we first started TTC we BD every other day between end of AF to when AF was due. We got preggers first month. I sooooooo wish it was that easy everytime. Now i'm doing the temping and opk etc. and going crazy.. :haha:

Pola- I am 8 DPO too :)

On my first cycle and mother of 11 yr. old girl (she'll be 11 in Sept.)

I know what you girls mean about the Casey Anthony trial just go ahead and give the order for her execution. I wouldn't mind having her as a neighbor ( I live just a few miles from the state prison).

It is so heartbreaking when people have kids that they don't want and don't love when we have been going through the battle over TTC. I've only been ttc this month but have wanted a second one for a whole lot longer. It used to break my heart everytime my sister called to tell me she was pregnant. I would cry for days afterwards. Same thing with my sister-in-law. My sister has 5 kids by 5 different men. She walked out on her oldest 2. I raised her oldest until he was 4 then his father got him, the next 2 the oldest was dropped off at a family friends house and she never came to pick him up after 2 wks. and unable to get in touch with my sister DCF was called. Her third she gave up for adoption because they paid her medical bills, got her a cell phone and an apt. Her 4th and 5th she has kept and jokes around everytime I talk to her about having another. I love her but she is an awful mother, I don't know why she's like that we were both raised the same way. My sis-in-law will tell you that she didn't want her last 2 she just got preg. bc my bro-in-law wanted them (more like he was about to leave her so she got preg.) Anyways sorry about rambling on but that is what was on my heart. I totally agree that some sort of test should be given esp. in situations like my sisters. She lives in a different state and most of the time the family didn't find out anything (like her plans for my nephews adoption) until it was too late to become involved. My DH wouldn't let me anyways bc he's afraid that in the long run I would get my heartbroken again like I did with my oldest nephew.

I know! It gets so crazy after awhile. And I know people always say to relax and it will happen, but I was very relaxed about the whole thing until I realized I wasn't Oing. :dohh: We've decided that once we finally do have our first, that we're not going to be using protection. We'd like 2 (I would like more than that, but would be happy with the one), plus we have his son. :)

Pola- I am 8 DPO too :)

On my first cycle and mother of 11 yr. old girl (she'll be 11 in Sept.)

I know what you girls mean about the Casey Anthony trial just go ahead and give the order for her execution. I wouldn't mind having her as a neighbor ( I live just a few miles from the state prison).

It is so heartbreaking when people have kids that they don't want and don't love when we have been going through the battle over TTC. I've only been ttc this month but have wanted a second one for a whole lot longer. It used to break my heart everytime my sister called to tell me she was pregnant. I would cry for days afterwards. Same thing with my sister-in-law. My sister has 5 kids by 5 different men. She walked out on her oldest 2. I raised her oldest until he was 4 then his father got him, the next 2 the oldest was dropped off at a family friends house and she never came to pick him up after 2 wks. and unable to get in touch with my sister DCF was called. Her third she gave up for adoption because they paid her medical bills, got her a cell phone and an apt. Her 4th and 5th she has kept and jokes around everytime I talk to her about having another. I love her but she is an awful mother, I don't know why she's like that we were both raised the same way. My sis-in-law will tell you that she didn't want her last 2 she just got preg. bc my bro-in-law wanted them (more like he was about to leave her so she got preg.) Anyways sorry about rambling on but that is what was on my heart. I totally agree that some sort of test should be given esp. in situations like my sisters. She lives in a different state and most of the time the family didn't find out anything (like her plans for my nephews adoption) until it was too late to become involved. My DH wouldn't let me anyways bc he's afraid that in the long run I would get my heartbroken again like I did with my oldest nephew.

Wow! That must be so hard to watch. :hugs: If you don't want any more kids, they have methods of avoiding them (the pill, depo, condoms, tubes tied, etc). No need to apologize hun. :hugs:

hi! this topic is a good idea.. not a mom yet, so dont have much of ideas!!! But I had a dog.. her name was Ilona.. she was a mini schnauzer. She died at age 9, because a moron hit her with her car! :(

My moms name is Ilona :)

I haven't tried BDing only before ovulation for the same reson...I do not want to decrease my chances! I want to wait until he/she is born to see the gender. I think it will be fun. On the circumcision topic...I agree let it be up to the child, while my son had it done BUT I live in the states and they strongly urge you to...I didn't know any better. I felt so bad for the little guy! I also know my nephew who had it done also, has a funny looking tip sorry TMI...he's a tot still if that helps! This was b/c the doctor did a messy job.

Sissy- you are a very strong and admirable person for doing what you did! Good luck with your cycle. I can kind of relate in a weird way...my sis-in-law would not give up drinking or smoking when she was pregnant....drove me nuts! I just hate how she would put all 3...yes kept having more...children in harms way. Now they have issues...wonder why?

Stash thanks for clearing that up! I have been reading (which I shouldn't) and these HCG maniacs get BFPs at 8 DPO?!?! WTH I didn't get one until I was 5 weeks with my son. It gets discouraging. As far as the BBt I told my mother and she pulls this mercury/glass job out from the 70's for me! It's called the ovulinator haha I got a kick out of it...HOWEVER I can't read it. Needless to say I will get a digital.

I haven't tried BDing only before ovulation for the same reson...I do not want to decrease my chances! I want to wait until he/she is born to see the gender. I think it will be fun. On the circumcision topic...I agree let it be up to the child, while my son had it done BUT I live in the states and they strongly urge you to...I didn't know any better. I felt so bad for the little guy! I also know my nephew who had it done also, has a funny looking tip sorry TMI...he's a tot still if that helps! This was b/c the doctor did a messy job.

The American Academy of Pediatrics opposes it, considers it cosmetic surgery unless absolutely needed for medical reasons. I've read that as you move towards the west and east coasts circumcision is less prevalent (can't remember where I read that). And now, some insurance companies are no longer covering the procedure. I do think it's a personal decision, and would never admonish anyone who does decide to circumcise. Personally, I don't feel comfortable with it, but I completely understand the other side too.

ETA: And don't feel bad hun. Look at the stats, more than half of the population in the states circumcises - it does NOT make you a bad mom in any way, even if you had known and done it. It really is a personal preference. :hugs:

About the gender, I wish I had the willpower for it to be a surprise, but I'm too impatient. :haha: I think I would try to keep it a surprise from most people though since I don't really want everything to be pink/blue. I love gender neutral colors. :)

Stash thanks for clearing that up! I have been reading (which I shouldn't) and these HCG maniacs get BFPs at 8 DPO?!?! WTH I didn't get one until I was 5 weeks with my son. It gets discouraging. As far as the BBt I told my mother and she pulls this mercury/glass job out from the 70's for me! It's called the ovulinator haha I got a kick out of it...HOWEVER I can't read it. Needless to say I will get a digital.

Oh my God! :rofl: The ovulinator! That is too funny! :rofl: And you're talking with a POAS addict, who starts POAS at 4dpo. Yes, I know, I have a problem! :haha:

hi! this topic is a good idea.. not a mom yet, so dont have much of ideas!!! But I had a dog.. her name was Ilona.. she was a mini schnauzer. She died at age 9, because a moron hit her with her car! :(

My moms name is Ilona :)

its a cute, and very feminine name! she used to have the biggest eyelashes ever!! :D

I'm glad to hear it is becoming less prevalent. My DH is like 1/3 Jewish so...But DS is actually being raised understanding a lot of religions...against my mother's advice :) (who is catholic).

Stash- Well I have been dying to poas somehow I've managed only to use my extra OPKs so I don't spend too much $$...but they are gone now! I'm going to try to wait til AF is due. What is everyone's CP currently?? I've been checking mine for only 2 mos. now but it seems higher than usual? But I do not have more CM. I'm worse with symptom spotting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->