Debate over my due date!!

WelshGirl

Mummy at last!!
Reaction score
Has anyone else had this at all?!

Until about 4 weeks ago, they gave me an EDD of 5th Jan '09......but at my scan 2 weeks ago, and at my scan today they are now thinking it's actually 26th Dec!! It seems odd that a due date can change.....?? There we were thinking we had 11 weeks to get her room painted & clothes washed etc!!!

Either way, they are looking at inducing me during the week of 15th Dec.....!! So fingers crossed, we'll have our little girl home in time for Christmas!!! :cloud9:

Has anyone else been given an EDD at their 12 wk scan, then had it change later on??

xxx

Hi, well I know im no where near as far gone as you. But at my 12 week scan they measured me at 11+6 and then I had a scan yesterday and was meant to be 15+2 but baby measured at exactly 15 weeks so Im confused as to how it keeps changing, maybe they have different growth spurts at different stages. Its great you could have your little girl home in time for christmas. xxx

Yes everytime I go to a doctor they change my due date...morons.

I've had...Sept 18th, Nov 21,22,23, 28...and Dec 5th.

For real. Its ridiculous, nobody can freaking decide on anything.

Yes everytime I go to a doctor they change my due date...morons.

I've had...Sept 18th, Nov 21,22,23, 28...and Dec 5th.

For real. Its ridiculous, nobody can freaking decide on anything.

OMG.....at least I've only ever had two different dates!! It must be driving you mad that they've given you so many different dates!! I know that early on, the date can change, but surely with how far along both you & I are, they should be able to make their minds up!!!!

My MW asked me when my due date was as I'd already had my scan before I saw her. They've guessed everything between December 10-18th, and seem to have settled on the 12th for now. Could be any of those dates I guess though. At my scans I was 'x weeks, give or take a few days'

wen i first went for my scan i was exactly 12 weeks and due on 12th nov and then 19week scan im due 14th nov...not that it matters much as im being induced next week xx

The 12 week scan is the most accurate, as most babies develop at about the same rate until then - after that they vary far more in size (obviously as the range of birth weights is huge) so they usually use the date you're given at your 12 week scan, and although later scans will tell you how big baby is measuring they don't usually actually change the date. As people who've been for late growth scans know it's not always that accurate - and some babies will measure big for head circumference but small when looking at femur length for example. Sorry...I'm waffling! Just surprised that they've actually changed your date later on! x

weird they only changed mine by a few days i wonder if mine will change again and hopefully come up earlier. I say you will go around new years eve for some reason.

im not as fare gone as you but hospital have changed my dates from 14th may to 10th may but thats it

Mine have only been changed by 1 or 2 days throughout my pregnancy, nothing quite as steep as weeks!!

I'm in the same boat as PP, mine only moved up by 1 day during my scans. :baby:

My first scan I was measured as 9+2 then I was put back on my 2nd scan by 4 days. Remember it's just an estimation. You may be one who goes at 37 or 38 weeks! I'd be mad if it was weeks and weeks difference :|

How annoying for you! I'm not as far gone but I've already had 4 scans. At my first I was 23 May (by my dates) then I was 21 May, then I had to have a scan at a different hospital because I was ill visiting my parents and they put me as 16 May, had another scan at my normal hospital and they put me back to 21 May.

Oh well, nuchal scan in a couple of weeks so we'll see what they say then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->