Debility??

B

Bekkiboo

I went to the docs earlier to roll out my list of ailments and explained to him that when I go to work (in a bank call centre) I always end up with the most excruciating headaches and that I am struggling to walk because of my SPD and that I cry at least 2 or 3 times per shift due to horrible rude and obnoxious customers calling in, not to mention the awful hayfever I have been having lately, he said that he would happily write me a sick note so that I can rest for a couple of weeks....

The reason he put on the sick note was 'Debility' and I am not entirely sure what is meant by that??

Is it possibly because there is too much going on for him to list or have I missed something?? lol

Your thoughts are very welcome !

:hugs:

Hiya Hun, I'm not sure what he means by that. I guess it is just a vague term as you have so many problems which aren't physically visible (your employer cant see your migraines in the same way as you can see a broken arm) that it would be too much for one form. I can understand how working in the call centre means that you end up in tears. I used to work in one of the better ones in Belfast and it was AWFUL. Some customers are so so rude and nasty. The only thing is to try and remind yourself that it isn't you personally that they are annoyed with but really the situation that they have found themselves in which is making them angry and horrible. :hugs: I hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Thanks hun, I do try and remind myself of that constantly but the hormonal outbursts always get the better of me! lol

It doesn't help that the place is poorly run though x

It basically means that you are a bit fragile hon, the literal meaning is frailty or weakness. It just means you are having a hard time due to hormones and pregnancy.

Hope you feel better!!!

xxx

:hissy:I want a sick note so I can get the hell away from my job for a few weeks! I am hating working right now! i dont want to be sick..I just dont want to be at work (which is where I am right now):sad2:

Hey hun, just checked on wikipedia and it said:

"In general, debility refers to a loss of strength. In medicine, debility refers to being weak or feeble"

I guess it does cover a lot of things so saves him going through listing what they all are! Hope you enjoy your time off and start to feel a little better :hugs:

Awwww hun so sorry your having a hard time hope you feel better soon x x xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->