December 2013, anyone? :)

Hollynesss

Mommy!
Reaction score
Calling all mommies-to-be hoping to change their lives forever in December! :happydance:

I haven't seen a December 2013 group yet, so I thought I'd start one! (Sorry if there is one and I just missed it)

What are some of the things you are hoping to accomplish in the next 6 months before you start to TTC? Have you begun preparing your mind and body with prenatals, exercise, charting, etc? Have you begun buying anything for baby?

Lets get to know each other!:flower: A little about me: I'm 29, DH is 32, and I live in the US in the state of Florida. I have a great job, and will begin working toward my Masters degree in Public Health in August :thumbup: My plan is to get the first semester out of the way so that I will be close to graduating by the time LO comes :)

*Possibly*.... December 2013 is when OH suggested we start trying but I choked and we compromised on February 2014. That isn't set in stone, so I may be joining you in a few months :)

PS. I love the Dr. Seuss quote in your signature... it's one of my favorites! :)

Hi :flower:

I'm 22, OH is 23, im mummy to a 3yr old DD, we will be TTC christmas eve :happydance:

I work mornings & OH works full time.

I have been trying to eat a bit more healthier & i will be starting pre-natal vitamins when we are at 6months to go (in 2 weeks)

We won't be buying anything for baby until i'm pregnant - so hard to resist!

Hopefully these next months fly by x

Welcome, (possibly) PnkPolkaDots and LuvmyBubx! Its easy to talk about TTC, but pulling the trigger can be intimidating. Totally understandable :)

It is indeed very hard to resist buying baby stuff! You always think "oh, one little outfit won't hurt!" but although I've never fancied myself superstitious, this seems too important to risk it :)

I don't like to wish time away, but I can't wait for December :D

I'm on track to ttc this December but hoping to push for my wedding night. Not too much though don't want OH heading for the hills:wacko: lol. Fingers crossed for now. Either way i'm still so happy to be in the home stretch for the really nerve racking wait.:baby: woohoo

OH has given me a promise that December will be the month so I guess I belong here! Currently working on getting my pcos under control and getting healthier.

We have bought a few things, I don't believe in jinxing and I think it may have helped keep me sane.

I will be 23 and OH 24 when we start trying.

Hey ladies, my DD is 9 months so I want to start TTC No.2 around Dec. DH is saying he doesn't want anymore but thats really only cos DD is verg strong willed and challenges him lol. But I'll be 39 in Dec so don't have time to wait around. Also don't want DD to be an only child.

But I'll be 39 in Dec so don't have time to wait around.

Welcome, AliBiz! I always love seeing women who had their first baby in their 30's :) I will be 30 in December and I feel this way ALL THE TIME at 29! My DH is always worried about money, but there are couples everywhere who have happy, healthy kids with even less than we have. We finally compromised on December, so I'm hoping that it won't take too long to conceive once we start. Good luck with your DH!

Hello to everyone :flower:

Is there anyone else who's TTC dates start & stop?

We will be having a break in march as we are not planning a christmas baby then we will take another break in june/july as we don't want another march baby (mine & DD's birthday is in march)

I know this will drive me crazy if i don't conceive straight away, i'm kind of hoping closer to the time OH will let us try a bit sooner :winkwink:

x

I'm hoping December/January will be our time too :) We'll be trying for our first. Me and hubby are both 31, we'll be 32 in a couple of weeks. We've been together 9.5 years and married for nearly 3 years :D

I've been on prenatal vits since September 2011, so well topped-up there! I'm trying (a little half-heartedly right now) to lose the last 10lb or so to get well into the healthy BMI range - I'm a lb or two above it at the moment.

We originally planned to start TTC August 2012 but had to delay it. I'm waiting for health reasons but hoping to have it all under control before too long and have a plan in place for the extra antenatal care I'll need.

(Saying that, I feel as rough as a badger's bottom this morning, so I hope I'm not being too optimistic in thinking of TTC in 6 months...)

I'm also doing some training at work and 6 months' time is really the earliest I can get pregnant to avoid jeopardising that. If I give birth before April 2015 I will have to delay my exams by a year but I can cope with that.

We'll be taking a break to avoid a Christmas baby also, but have no other specific times to avoid. I'd love a summer baby, as me and hubby have summer birthdays (he's one day older than me and I love the thought of us all being close together). But to have a summer baby this time we'd have to take a while to conceive, so I think we will just not be so picky this time and maybe try and time no.2 for summer.

I don't mind what we have, but we will only be having two (unless we have twins with the 2nd pregnancy!) so I'd like a boy and a girl, in order to experience both. Hubby is happy with 'whatever pops out' - he really doesn't mind, he just wants to be a Daddy :cloud9:

I really hope I get to stay in this group and that we all get to start TTC when we want to!

Welcome, MrsEleflump!

I am a Christmas baby (December 20th!), and it really isn't bad at all. My mom always made it a point to make my birthday extra special and throw me a birthday party every year. She also always gave me a "little sister" gift on my sister's birthday, which is in August.

Our TTC date never really changed, December was the first time frame we agreed on. My DH is one of those men who don't really want to talk about it until it's right upon us. I would love to have a spring baby, but really anytime of year is just fine with me.

I will be working on my Masters degree while pregnant, so I'm glad to see someone else out there in school while TTC :) I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, Mrs. Eleflump! I hope they don't impede on your plans too much! :flower:

Lol, Hollyness, my little brother is a Dec. 23rd baby and he hated it as a kid, he felt like he only got one celebration while I got two - people (never my parents!) used to get him a joint birthday/Christmas present, or he'd get smaller stuff for each, while I always seemed to do better out of it all since my birthday's in June. He always used to get a present on my birthday too, but I don't think he thought that made up for it!

Plus hubby hates Christmas...maybe a Christmas LO wouldn't be so bad as then he'd have a reason to enjoy it, but I think he will start to enjoy it once we have a LO anyway. I always think for Christmas babies it must be really hard to get time off work for your birthday, too (I haven't worked on my birthday since I was at school, lol).

If we did have a Christmas baby, we would definitely make sure to do a separate birthday party for him/her, we'd even move Christmas if that's what it took :haha:

My health problem is coming under control...ideally I should be in remission for 6 months before conceiving but I don't think it's going to happen. It's not severe, thank goodness - I have no kidney problems - but it just tends to go on and on like I'm always in a low-grade flare, with worse episodes now and then.

The antibodies I make against my own tissues could harm a developing baby's heart, though, so that will have to be carefully watched in pregnancy, because it doesn't look like the levels are going to drop :( I'm more worried about the effects on future LOs than on me, though there is the chance that pregnancy could make it worse for me.

I will definitely still be studying while pregnant, it'll be good to have someone to talk to who can share that experience, especially as I seem to recall we're in the same line of work! Mine is totally work-based but is still pretty intense, it's a major leap up from what I've been doing at work the last few years! Are you excited about your Masters?

I did have a few get me birthmas gifts, but in those cases I ended up with many more gifts than anyone, so to me it kind of balanced out. As far as getting off of work, if my birthday lands during the week, my husband and I will go out to dinner on my birthday and we get together on the weekend with friends. The only issue with us if we had a Christmas baby is that his mom, his brother, our nephew, and me all have December birthdays!

That is good to hear that your condition is under control. I can't imagine how hard this must be, my heart really goes out to you :flower: Thank goodness for high risk pregnancy doctors! The hardest part is that you just never know what is going to happen. You could go through your entire pregnancy with zero issues and have a 100% healthy, beautiful baby, or you may have a few issues....you just never know. But to me it is a risk worth taking, as modern medicine is on our side to be there if, heaven forbid!, there are any issues.

Its kind of funny, I recently had two MALE coworkers lecture me about how I won't be able to do it all! I'll be working full time, going to school in the evenings 2-3 days/week, while pregnant. I couldn't believe their nerve, having never been through it themselves! I have spoken to all of my friends who have LOs, and I value their opinion much more! I am very excited for my Masters program! I am going for Public Health, and to be honest I have no idea what I want to do with it yet. I do love working in the lab, but I don't want to be a bench tech forever. One of the things I can do with that degree is become an organ transplant coordinator, and as the lab works closely with that area it is something I would love to do! What is your concentration in your studies? Are you going for PhD?

Aww, thank you :) It's taken some getting used to, and I'm not sure I'm 100% there yet...the thought of my body harming my baby's is awful, and there's no way to predict whether or not it will happen, until there are signs of damage. But if they find that I will have steroids to try and minimise it so baby will hopefully not need a pacemaker or be born with neonatal lupus.

I already have my PhD (thank goodness, not sure I'd cope with doing that now!!). I'm doing a diploma in dissection, which in the UK at least has always been a medical job, but things are changing and several studies have actually shown that the lab staff are better at it than the medics when properly trained ;) I'm only a couple of months in, and it takes between 2-5 years to complete, so a long way to go yet but it's going really well so far! I love it so much :)

Will yours be based mostly at work or at uni, or a mixture of the two? An organ transplant co-ordinator sounds like such a fulfilling job...I'd never be able to do that, though, I'd just be in floods all the time, it must be so emptional.

Don't listen to the men, they have no idea! If we really want something, it's amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it! I worry about trying to be a parent and have a career, and do both well...I worry I'll end up doing a half-arsed job of both! However, we are not the first women to do both, and we won't be the last, and millions of women do both things amazingly, so why not us too :)

DH and i agreed that we would start TTC on 1st January 2014, however as i am on the pill i had a cunning plan and got my diary out - worked out that I will finish a pack of pills on 13th December, then 1 week withdrawal brings us to 20th December - hoping i can persuade hubby theres no point me starting another pack, thus bringing our TTC forward just a little bit! Every little helps!

That is brilliant, Lauraloo! It also happens to make perfect sense, how can your DH argue with it? Welcome (hopefully!) to Team December :D

MrsEleflump, you are very accomplished, I'm impressed!! Here in the states it is mainly laboratory staff who perform tissue sampling, cryo preservation, and we even view the specimens first and decide if they need to be reviewed by a pathologist. Doctors have so much on their plates, it is easier for them to have staff members to take a look at it and deal with the normal tissues. As far as autopsies and the like those are normally performed by a pathologist or a physician assistant. My work will be 100% in the hospital. I work at the Mayo Clinic and we are one of the highest volume transplant hospitals in the country. It is a two-edged sword, because on the one hand you have the donors who are losing their lives, but through them so many people will have a better, longer life. It is rewarding work, but yes, sad, too! Right now I work in the Blood Bank, where we prepare blood products for patients who needs transfusions, and we also support the operating room when there are major surgeries (like transplants!) I completely agree with you! It has taken hard work to get where we are now, I think we can handle some LOs on top of it :)

What do your doctors think of you TTC? Have they offered much advice?

can I join please girlies? I will be ntnp jan 2014. just want to get cycles back to normal before officially ttc. I am 33 and will be ttc #1 so feeling like clock is ticking although doc told me I have plenty of time. I think an autumn or spring baby would be nice. think going to try the natural family planning method.

Well after a deep discussion with OH about the ins and outs of getting pregnant AND getting pregnant with bad PCOS he has suggested we start in October. I guess this means I don't belong here anymore :S

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->