December dates what are you doing about the holidays?

tina426

Reaction score
Namely presents, if you're so inclined a tree, etc?

I'm thinking I'm going to do shopping via catalog or stores pretty much November 1stish. And tree not too long after that.

Dh thinks I'm a little crazy.

Baby will definitely be here by Christmas, and even though I'll be exhausted and we'll be 99% busy, i think my crazy self will be super disappointed to skimp on his first. Lol so my thinking is to get it all done before I'm so large I can't move (which is really about now... :) )

My first was supposed to be a Christmas baby, she made her debut 2 weeks early but I had already bought her Christmas presents and set up a tree we did an artificial one that year so we wouldn't have to worry about a live one dying

I've bought his first Christmas decoration whether he is here or not for me it's his first Christmas ☺. I was really embarrassed telling people . I'm due December 21st and I've already started my Christmas shopping

I'm due on Xmas eve and I've almost finished my shopping. I wanted to get all my little boys things so at least if I went into labour early it would all be done, I'm usually quite organised anyway and I hate shopping in December so it's always done in November but this year it's been extra early. I think we just have a few family presents left to buy by DH has a day booked off work midweek in November so we can have a day out to get the last few bits.

I finish work the first week of December which is when I'll put the tree up. I don't normally put it up until the end of the 2nd week but I'd rather it be up early so I know it's done as I don't think DH could manage it.

I have a few little presents for baby but nothing Christmas related as he could quite easily be a 2016 baby

X

DS #2 is due 23/12, our first son was born at 38 weeks and it would be amazing if this one came early too! Ive got quite a few christmas gifts already so im trying to be organised and my tree will be up the first weekend in december

I have also started Xmas shopping. Getting everything into order. I am due 22nd of December. So want to get all in place so I don't have to panic lol

I'm having baby on 5th November but as I'm having a c section, I know I won't be up and about in a burry so I've already finished my Christmas shopping, bought Christmas cards, advent calanders, wrapping paper and Christmas outfits for us all. At least I know I don't need to stress about rushing about getting things.

Not actually due my girls until mid jan, but with how things have been lately I'm not ruling anything out. Iv joked to family about putting a cork up there until Boxing Day, but I'm starting my Christmas shopping tomorrow and already have the tree (artificial) and decs upstairs anyway. Won't be buying anything for the girls as even if they come early, before Christmas they'd definitely be in the nicu :( wish I could stop worrying about preterm labour but after this past week it's becoming more and more of a reality. Whatever I don't get in the next few weeks for my kids presents will have to order online. I'll probably do my Xmas food shop early this year too and make good use of the freezer just to be safe. Can't hurt to be over prepared rather than under right? X

I am due Christmas day. SO I am hesitant to make any big plans. But as far as it goes we will probably set up a tree and decorations and have a nice dinner. Might do a few gifts if we can afford it this year especially for DD.. I am unsure if I will get baby 1st Christmas decoration for the tree or not. I am on the fence about it. I suppose if she is late, we'll just put it up next year rather than this year.

We've been saving up Tesco Clubcard points an have like £50 worth so can double it up to make £100 to spend at Christmas so most of our presents will be coming from there (helps a lot as I have been made redundant and OH has just started a new job and is on bare minimum until he can withdraw if profits) but we are only going to do gifts for immediate family and children (so will just be my mum, dad, brother, MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL, and 3 cousins) but it won't be anything extravagant. To be honest with my due date being 20th Dec I think people will know I'm gunna be kinda busy and won't be expecting much and if they are they don't deserve it lol.

We are definitely going to do decorations mainly because I am planning on a home birth so I think the lights will be really soothing and calming, Christmas is my favourite time of the year.

We're lucky in that we live around the corner from MIL and a 5 minute drive from my family so we can play christmas day by ear.

Oh boy I need to get on the Christmas buying.. I'm due December 29th but I'm also extra crazy as we've scheduled our wedding on December 12th... No reason for me to think this LO will come early, first ds came the day before he was due and im hoping this one follows suit. Between the baby shower on Nov 7, Thanksgiving, the wedding, Christmas, and my due date.. we've really piled it on!

Yay! I'm not crazy!

Also funny enough a friend from high school is due about 10 days before me, and put up her tree today!

We'll see how it goes.... it's looking like next weekend :) have my 34 week appointment (strep b, check position, sign consent forms, talk birth plan) tomorrow...think it has me freaking out a bit...had some serious nesting problems today, literally dragged poor dh into scrubbing the house from top to bottom.

I've finished my Xmas shopping for dd1 and dd2, I only have 7 presents to get for some family members which I will get next week then I will be all done and set, I've even ordered our turkey with the local butcherd , the only thing OH will have to do is do a food shop while I'm in the hospital and cook Xmas dinner :)

I am due just after Christmas and going to try and get organised with Christmas presents etc soon. Everyone is convinced I will go early because my first was early, but I'll be crossing my legs on Christmas Day haha. Christmas Day we will be staying at home and having Christmas dinner as I don't want to do too much travelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->