December ivf/fet for a Christmas miracle

Discussion in 'Assisted Conception' started by Cjohnson13, Oct 12, 2013.

1. snozbery26

snozbery26 Active Member

Girl, we are on the same schedule then! Yay, another 2ww buddy! I am very excited and optimistic for this cycle. Though kt will be really hard for me im going to stop kickboxing for the week before ER and ET and just take it calm and easy. I start lupron this wednesday.

2. GirlArmyPilot

GirlArmyPilot Well-Known Member

Yay! This is going to be awesome!!

3. Kaylakin

Kaylakin Here we go again...

Serenyx -
    Is Buserelin the equivalent to Lupron? I'm assuming so because you are down-regging with it. It's a nasal spray? I feel like I've heard it so many times I just don't know what it exactly is. I hear you about the headaches - that's been one of my side effects from Lupron..and also more emotional (not usually too overly emotional at things). My headaches seem better after decreasing from 10 units to 5 units...

4. Kaylakin

Hey Snoz! 3 months for a semen analysis?? That is nuts!! That is good that you switched..wow! Yeah, I guess I was more frustrated too because the fresh IVF cycle went so quickly once I started stims and the FET cycle is a lot less stressful on my body but I feel like the waiting is much harder.
    I agree, I've decided that it will just work so a few weeks here or there should not matter in the long run. And, you know I've found that all of the waiting with infertility testing/treatment etc has helped in general, even with my pregnancy. I just got used to waiting and not being able to rush anything along ;-)

5. Kaylakin

CJ - when do you need to decide on the number of embryos to put back?
    I agree that I'd be afraid of a negative. If twins are absolutely unacceptable then 1 is the obvious answer. If it would be worse to get a phone call that it did not work vs a phone call that it was twins (hypothetically - I know they wouldn't call with this news haha) then maybe 2 is the answer. It's a tough decision. We are transferring 2 in a frozen transfer. We transferred 2 the first time (fresh cycle) and 1 worked. I wish we had a crystal ball...

6. Kaylakin

Gdane - As far as Lupron side effects, I have experienced some headaches - but not every day. They are less now that I decreased my Lupron dose. I also feel maybe slightly more emotional - hard to tell. At first, too, I felt very tired..it's hard to tell if that was from Lupron or I was just tired in general. Sometimes when I inject it, it itches at the injection site, but that's not each time either.
    I was really nervous about taking Lupron and didn't want to have Lupron in my protocol. I asked the doc about a few different protocols but he didn't think it was a good idea. Mostly, I think his reasoning is it's easier to time for him and the clinic if it's with Lupron - not that another protocol wouldn't work.
    Anyway, so far it's been doable..hopefully you'll have no side effects at all.

7. Cjohnson13

Cjohnson13 Well-Known Member

My transfer isn't till dec 6ish so we have time to decide

8. GdaneMom4now

GdaneMom4now IVF/ICSI TWINS/PREG #3

I completely agree. you gotta decide what's worse, failed cycle or possibility of twins?

9. GdaneMom4now

sounds like everyone is doing pretty good on Lupron. I have no side effects so far except maybe vivid dreams? They're not scary though thank goodness.

I'm starving right now.. sitting in here for three hours for stupid glucose test. bleh.

my egg retrieval will probably be around the 9th or 10th with transfer around 5 days later. sounds like we're all around the same schedule!

10. Serenyx

Serenyx Mummy to an angel

Yes they are both GnRH's so effectively shut down the ovaries. Buserelin can come in a nasal spray but it is more common to have it as an injection for IVF treatment (well that is what our clinic do anyway). The side effects aren't particularly pleasant though!

I had my baseline scan yesterday and all seems to be on track. I have now decreased my Buserelin dosage and started Progynova (oestrogen) tablets this morning. I need to take them twice a day to start with. I am also starting my aspirin from tonight. I may need to write all of this down! I have a little chart my clinic gave me but I am worried I will forget something!

I don't think I will get a choice to put back more than one. I asked the question yesterday and because we are hoping to transfer a blastocyst, the clinic very rarely put two back. I am just so worried it won't work :(

11. mmbelle87

mmbelle87 Upcoming FET! Fingers X'd

Hi everyone!!

Sorry I am on my phone so it's hard to do personals, but it sounds like everyone is getting started on meds and such! So exciting! :)

Cjohnson: that was the hardest decision my last round. We decided to put back two. And they both stuck.... But then one miscarried... Which ultimately caused the other to miscarry. But My husband and I both felt it was right to transfer two at the time so you really just have to go with your gut feeling. Also my dr out it this way... It's a greatet chance for a pregnancy but also a greater chance for miscarriage/health problems. But trust yourself... You know what's right for your body and situation!

I have my lining check appt this Thursday! Been handling the estrogen IM injections like a champ :) can't wait for December!!!!

12. cali_kt

cali_kt Well-Known Member

Girl- I am doing my second FET. Sounds like me, you and snoz will be transferring very close together!! That has to be good luck!! :dust:

Serenyx- Glad your baseline went well!! I can understand why you might be nervous only putting one back, but a lot of girls have success with just one!! Crossing everything for you.

MM- Glad you're doing well with your estrogen injections!! And good luck thursday!

AFM- I have the flu and am feeling crummy. Start Lupron tomorrow!!! :dance: With each step, it means I am getting closer to my BFP :bfp: *Fingers Crossed*

13. tcreasey88

tcreasey88 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies, I am looking for some buddies! I did my first down reg (bureselin) yesterday, so hopefully on for mid December too! As long as I bleed before 2nd or I get delayed for Xmas! Does down regging delay your period? My clinic say not... X

14. GdaneMom4now

my clinic said some people get their periods, others don't..

I'll respond to everyone else later :)

15. Serenyx

Mine was delayed slightly (FF indicated a 15 day luteal phase which is not normal for me, I am normally between 11 and 13 days). However it wasn't a significant delay so hopefully you should be fine :)

What I did notice was that I bled for a lot longer than normal whilst on the Buserelin. I ended up bleeding for 9 days in all so don't be alarmed if your period seems never ending! I did question it with the nurse when I went in for my baseline scan and she confirmed that several women report that they bleed for longer on the Buserelin (it would have been nice if they could have told me this beforehand!).

16. Serenyx

Thank you :) I so badly want this to work :(

I just have to hope my lining thickens up properly now. I have another scan in 2 weeks and if all is ok we will be transferring on the 9th :)

17. cali_kt

cali_kt Well-Known Member

tcreasey- Welcome! :hi: I agree with the ladies. I thought some bleed, some don't but that it wasn't a big deal. Is this your first round?

Serenyx- I hear you... this is our last embies and I need and want this so bad!! The 9th is right around the corner. You might be the first of our little group to do the transfer!! :dance:

18. barbikins

barbikins Mom to DD (RIP) & DS

hey ladies!
    im going to be starting IVF in January. I'm just waiting on my lap surgery next month.
    im really curious about side effects of the drugs? im going to be stimming & taking Lupron then retrieval & then estrogen/progesterone.
    what's Lupron like? should I anticipate not feeling like myself for a while?

cheers!

19. GirlArmyPilot

GirlArmyPilot Well-Known Member

I have only been on Lupron since Monday. Yesterday I was in class and felt and overwhelming hot flash. I had a bit of a headache, but that is it so far. I have never had a hot flash before, but I definitely think it was from the Lupron. Other than that, it is extremely easy to get yourself the shot, and has not been too bad so far.

20. tcreasey88

tcreasey88 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much ladies :) yep first round, I'm not holding out much hope as my clinic have just informed me that although they are happy to use my dh immotile spermies, they cannot guarantee a good fertilisation rate as they won't know which ones are alive or dead, and previous tests have shown only 30% alive, but they will do there best, all I can ask for I suppose!

I'm down - regging on burselin ATM, second day, and it went horribly wrong... I didn't put the needle in far enough so had what looked like a blister for an hour, until my body absorbed it! Think I'll try a bit deeper tomorrow and put it down to nerves! Such a foreign thing to me to inject myself! No side effects other than just now a headache and tiredness, but that could be the emotion of starting everything!
    Hope you are all doing well :) xx