December/January babies

kanga

Mummy Wummy
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I've just realised that if I get pregnant this cycle, I'll have a late Nov/early Dec baby.

When we started tcc, I really wanted a spring, summer or autumn baby, but not winter!

Is this silly? I just keep thinking how depressing late nights will be and that it is much more fun in the summer and I could take the baby out and about etc!!

Also, I imagine that having a birthday in Jan or late December is rubbish as you could never have a bouncy castle! And I would always be skint from xmas shopping to buy it decent birthday presents!

Does anyone have any similar thoughts or am I mad! Dh said he would just be happy to be pregnant full stop!

I'm thinking of having a couple of months off if this isn't my month

I would be delighted to have a baby of my own to love any mth of the year ;-)
also if u have a winter baby, by the time spring arrives he/she will be old enough to push in a buggy and enjoy the summer with ;-)

I would never be that optimistic that i would get caught so soon with my issues but here's hoping! lol. Good luck x

I was going to have a summer baby but had MMC. Now I don't care, it may be an early Dec. baby for me if I get preggo this cycle and that's OK. Maybe we'll just have to celebrate his or her half birthdays in summer too. :)

I was a December baby - 7th Dec - never found any problems with my b-day being then - had a few lovely b-day parties where it snowed which were cool and from a selfish point of view when I was a bit older and wanted a cool present that was too much for one event I was able to ask to have a joint b-day xmas/b-day present.

I really would love a christmas baby - well cute in those little santa suits and at that age all the sparkles and twinkling lights really stimulate them. Would even prefer it to a summer baby - when it's rediculously hot doesn't mix well with a v tiny baby either.

Overall will be happy whenever I have a baby and there's pro's and cons to any time of year :)

you're not mad... in the days where i thought one could really decide when to have a baby
i wanted a baby born in may, june, july or august (but before the 15th bc i didn't want one with a Virgo horoscope, the teasing bc translated in our languages it becomes Virgin)

after trying and trying i accepted the fact it could be a september/october baby too

when i finally got pregnant my due date was mid july, i was THRILLED!!!
it just all fit... my bday in may, oh's in june and baby in july

then the dream has been crushed and if i conceive this month it'll be a december baby...
i always said, whatever happened, i did not want a december/january/february baby.
those months are sooo depressing weather wise, plus all the holidays and exam periods.
that child might finally enjoy his bday when he or she is 24 or so

but now... honestly... if i conceive... FINE!!! THANKYOUUUU, i don't care anymore,
any birthday is better than none! and i'll be happy to trade bdays with my child or
just celebrate the half bdays in the summer.
my best friend from elementary had an early january bday too, she gave pressies in
class on her bday and then her party wasn't untill mid summer, then we'd all go to the beach!

I was supposed to have an April baby, then a September baby, I'll take whatever is going now!! haha.

Two people in my family were born on xmas day and if I conceive this month then due date will be 11th December.....two weeks over would be xmas day......maybe that's my fate....pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase I really hope so!

Plus by the time spring/summer comes round baby would be at lovely age to start walking in buggy round parks etc.

x

I was supposed to have a June baby..then an October baby, 2 days before my birthday...if I concieve now I'll have a December baby..the same week as 6 family members, Christmas, and New Years, BUT I DONT CARE! ANY month will do fine at this point!!! Come on bfp!!

got to say, If I don't get my BFP this cycle, then I'm taking next month out or atleast a very reduced relaxed approach next cycle

can totally see where your coming from hun but if you look at it this way the winter months seem to be delayed somewhat i mean we were still getting snow the end of feb so by the time the baby knows whats going on chances are it will be really sunny anyways lol (positive in everything hun xx) might well do you some good taking a feel months to chill not that you will need to as you will get your bfp ;) xx

^^ and to add to that....

even if it's born in winter here.... it's summer on the other side of the globe :D

I am a December baby (22nd) and hubby is too (19th)!! I hate my birthday as it is too near Chrristmas so I always said I hoped for a summer baby.

Baby Boo would have been due at end of June, 2 weeks after our wedding anniversary, which I was very excited about but it was ovbviously not meant to be.

Now I dont care and If i was to conceive this cycle(please, please please!!!!!!), baby would be due at begining of December. I think that as I knw what it feels like to have a December birthday I will just make extra effort to make it special.

Maybe woth hubby and I both having December birthdays, this is going to be our month to conceive and have a sticky bean!!!!

Baby dust to everyone!!!!!

To be honest I don't care when it comes I'll be happy to have a baby no matter when it arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->