*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Muslims were my saviour for the first 6 months. I will be buying as many as I possibly can this time lol. They were worth their weight in gold for me first time round cuz I have a suuuuuuper sicky baby.

Don't buy tons of baby toiletries because u will just end up using plain water for a long time.
Maybe don't buy outfits for the first year. Obviously u can with things like sleep suits etc but Oliver grew so quickly he was in 12-18mnths by the time he was about 7months old.

For me my sensor pad for the monitor was one of my best buys. Took away so much worry.

Take loads of bump pics :) and even if u feel and look revolting straight after birth get lots of photos. I have none of me and DS until he was a few days old and it's one of my biggest regrets.

Oooh good one :thumbup: 100% agree. I have about 1 or 2 with Amber when she was first born as I was feeling a bit self conscious and there was all sorts going on :( I don't think we got a family photo of OH, me & DD either ustil she was a couple of days old too :nope: definitely doing it different this time round.

And muslin cloths really are worth their weight in gold. DD still uses hers as comforters now! x

I love the advice from the mummies! However it does remind me how much I have to think about. I just can't wait until I start to have a bump and I can buy materity clothes... and make my gift registry for the baby shower! It is the first grandchild on my side so my parents will be all over that and my SILs kids are older so his parents and her have tons of baby energy availalbe. :)

GS, why do they consider you high risk?

Oh - and another question for you ladies, who else besides me is drained??? I mean it's so bad I am so drained. I used to drink coffee and I cant do that anymore so what do I do. i'm ready to pass out at work....

Blu - I've always had +ANAs and +CRPs (found in autoimmune disorders) but have no symptoms of any disorder. I guess when these levels are higher you have a higher rate of MC and complications. They just asked I come in earlier than 8 weeks and more often. Fingers crossed for April 12th and everything is fine.

As for symptoms, I had one really bad day/night or MS, since just been completely exhausted and my belly is sore/sensitive. I can't stand any pressure on it. And definitely feeling all the pulling/tugging in my belly!

Oh and I got my bloodwork back - and my HCGs are at 461 - is that good? I keep seeing ranges like 2-5342 so I have NO clue what it even means! The nurse said it means I'm 1-2.5 weeks pregnant...

So today's HCG had to be at least 900miu to rule out ectopic.

...it was 1662miu! :cloud9:

Oh and I got my bloodwork back - and my HCGs are at 461 - is that good? I keep seeing ranges like 2-5342 so I have NO clue what it even means! The nurse said it means I'm 1-2.5 weeks pregnant...

No idea hun. I know 2016 mentioned a site a few pages back with HCG levels and what they mean etc. Maybe shje could refresh our memories? x

So today's HCG had to be at least 900miu to rule out ectopic.

...it was 1662miu! :cloud9:

Fantastic news :yipee: x

If your HCG levels have doubled, it is good... trust me with DD they were low but kept doubling. And remember, we are early in our pregnancies so some may be higher or lower than ours. Everyone is different. Here is the link 2016 gave me for HCG beta levels. this should make you feel better sweetie :)

https://www.betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Single

Your levels sound good gs20. Sorry I hadn't read yours before posting mine. :blush: There is such a huge range and it does seem I get highish numbers (they were even higher with DS) but a higher number doesn't necessarily mean a stronger pregnancy. As MizzPod says its the doubling that counts, that's all.

In my case the doubling means it's definitely not ectopic which is a massive relief!

Hey ladies. How is everyone's weekend going so far?

GS - thanks for sharing. I'm learning so much from you ladies.

2016 - :dance: so happy that things are going great!

I'm still waiting to hear back from docs about blood test from Friday. Somehow they got everyone's results back that day besides mines..geesh! Other than that, doing ok. Feeling tugging/cramping/weird stuff from time to time but I just tell myself that's my body getting ready for baby and so I just keep moving along :winkwink:

I've had a very productive weekend so far. Got a lie in, picked up my pram and now chilling out with OH and DD on the sofa waiting for our Indian takeaway. Mmmmm!

We just visited parents and told them straight out! They were all happy for us so no problems :) we were pg in Dec 2010 and we told no-one and mc at 5wks, it was so hard to deal with on our own, I felt like we should have had some more support :-( each to their own I guess!

I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. It's interesting to hear you say you'd wish you'd told people about the previous pregnancy. Right now, our biggest fear is miscarrying, and that's the primary reason we haven't told family yet.

2016- no worries! :) my nurse said my level are right on track. They won't be testing me for doubling and I know it all depends on the person and the O day and all :).

Blu - no problem! I know the feeling, they said they'd have them ready friday am and I got them right at 5pm when they closed...I'm sorry you have to wait the whole weekend, that stinks :(

Hope u r all having a fab weekend. Enjoying catching up on ur news.

Booked my early scan today for april 23rd at 5.30pm :) should be 7+4 by my dates. Can't wait :)

I have no idea if mine are doubling.. have only used hpts so far... I can't wait to go to the doctor.. but haven't heard anything yet.

Thank you all for the welcomes! Glad reading about how well everyone is doing! I had a Busy day, lots of running around town. Picked up a second hand My Brest Friend nursing pillow and it's awesome! Can't wait to use it, hehe! I am having a really hard time getting excited though, as I keep thinking how I can't in case something goes wrong. I am trying to stay positive though! Blech, I'm feeling sick now as I ate some icecream.. And I shouldn't have. I already had some chocolates earlier! I'm have a by hard time cutting down sweets, they are my weakness! Then I feel guilty when I have too much. Will try to do better tommorow.

May I join? I'm due December 3rd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->