Decided to move ttc date because of Christmas! Not sure how I feel about it!

Beccaboop

Mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
So we were going to start ttc baby number 2 from next month but I had hyperemesis gravidarum when I was pregnant with my son and theres an 80% chance I'll get it again so I'm nervous about being pregnant next time.

We waited until my son is at playschool 18 hours a week and he will be 3 years 9 months next month so will understand a bit better that mummy is sick and can't play with him all the time.

I was worrying about being pregnant and sick at Christmas and missing the whole day but thought there will be plenty more so didn't worry until I remembered that the playschool break up for about 3 weeks over Christmas and I don't know how I would be able to look after my son and then i started feeling guilty and selfish about it!

So we're moving the ttc date back to November so if I'm lucky enough to get pregnant the first month I will only be very newly pregnant and if it's the 2nd month then I will find out early new year which would be lovely!

But as you know as the date gets closer you get excited that it's so soon so I feel a bit sad but know it's only another 4 weeks and not years. I also worry that I'm just putting it back cos I'm nervous and when it gets closer I will move it again and again because I know how hard my last pregnancy was!

I know it is very unlikely to happen the first minth but I also know it does happen especially as it only took 4 months to get my bfp with my son and I've heard the 2nd time it can happen quicker!

I wish I knew how long it would take to get pregnant! I'm a planner! I hate not being in control of this!! :(

I had hyperemesis with my 2nd child but only the 'normal' vomiting & nausea in this pregnancy, it was nothing compared to my pregnancy with dd and I was so relieved.

I did prepare for this pregnancy and read lots on how to reduce the chances of hyperemesis, I'm inclined to believe it did help so for me taking magnesium supplements was key, if you google it you will find lots of resources, now you have delayed ttc it's the best time to prepare your body for what maybe a difficult pregnancy.

Good luck on ttc and hope hyperemesis doesn't return x

I had hyperemesis with my 2nd child but only the 'normal' vomiting & nausea in this pregnancy, it was nothing compared to my pregnancy with dd and I was so relieved.

I did prepare for this pregnancy and read lots on how to reduce the chances of hyperemesis, I'm inclined to believe it did help so for me taking magnesium supplements was key, if you google it you will find lots of resources, now you have delayed ttc it's the best time to prepare your body for what maybe a difficult pregnancy.

Good luck on ttc and hope hyperemesis doesn't return x

Did you do any liver cleansing type stuff? I've read that can be a contributor to the normal ms. I am going to try the magnesium oil on your skin in addition to lover cleansing and hope it reduces my ms this go around!!

I feel for you; I had HG with my daughter and have had HG this pregnancy (just not quite as bad). My husband has had to take time off work to care for our daughter (she is 18 months and doesn't attend nursery) so I think it's very wise to wait to get passed the holidays. I've had to look after my daughter a couple of times whilst having HG and it was sheer hell, so if I could avoid it I would! Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->