Decided to use ovulation tests- help please!

scoobymum

Reaction score
Hello,
We've just started cycle 6 and I thought ovulation testing may help.
I'm cd10 so tested this morning and got a fairly strong line- I got all excited then reread the instructions! Ha ha.

So the line has to be as dark as the control line to be positive?
Mine is very clear and a bit dark, but not as dark. do you think this means I could be getting close to ovulating? If there were no hormones (or what ever is detected) at all it would just be blank wouldn't it?

I really need a bit of hope!

Thanks for any advice you may have xxx

i always have a faint second line. i would test twice a day atleast :)

I never get a positive with the dip strips, only with CB digital.
Can you upload a picture maybe?
Do you know when you usually ovulate? You might be pretty close to ovulating, CD10 is very early, it could be in the next few days. I'd say start BD now, and keep testing twice a day.

Thanks for your replies :)

I'm not sure how to upload the photo, but I'm pretty sure it's negative. Am just hoping that it's the start of the ovulation process. I'm a bit irregular at the moment since stopping bfing at Xmas. I'm ranging from between 28-35 day cycles which makes ovulation hard to track.
Will test again tomorrow and keep doing the deed every other day for the time being.

Baby dust to you x

Here my OPK images from this month for comparison-
according to these, I didn't ovulate, but I got a positive with CB digital on CD 14, accompanied by cramps and a temp raise the following days:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7316/8814400492_87da5c92a9_c.jpg

If you want to upload a picture, you have to upload to a server online. I use flickr, and put them in a private folder.
when the photo is uploaded, right click and choose "copy image URL". In your message here, click the picture icon (yellow square with sun and mountain) and paste your link.

HTH!

Thanks Nina- that's really helpful, and interesting too. It's strange how a digital picked it up and not the others. My lines all look very similar to yours, especially days 14-16, but maybe that's just wishful thinking cus you got a positive test on the 14th ha ha.

Thanks again, and good luck for a lucky cycle for you x

The digitals work differently than the dip strips. Not sure how or why though.
After a couple of months on not getting a positive, even though I had the lighter to darker lines, I tried a different brand- the CB.
It must work- because when I got the positive (yet negative dip) previously, I got pregnant.
I start using the dips until it gets darker, the use with the digital (cd12, dip not shown) until I get a smiley.
I'm glad it helps, there's always stuff to learn when TTC. I'm just kind of pissed I need to learn it all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->