Decorating MY house!!!!

Younglutonmum

Mummy To Maya & Bump
Reaction score
Soooooooooooo now I have a house (feels amazing saying that!!)

I'm all busy deciding what colour schemes to go for in each room. I don't want to paint & the walls are white anyway leaving me open to anything really.

In my bedroom (Eeeeeee :D) there's a big old fashioned black fireplace so i'm thinking that black should take a central theme in my bedroom. So should I go for balck & white in my room or black & hot pink??

Oh & Suz......I may be wanting to but some of them wooden letters from you once i've decided on colours :D

Would love everyones opinions please!!!

I love black and white. I have black and white in my living room

Wow, so pleased for you :) Be good to see the pics when it's all done! xXx

I'll be overloading BnB with piccys of my house when it's all pretty!!

Every need a helper you know where I am!! :happydance:

I think black and white x

I always like to keep things neutral, so lots of browns, and creams, stone.

That kinda colour, then just use accessories to brighten the place up,

Got to say im liking duck egg blue atm though

:rofl: I'm sure Caitlyn and Maya won't mind keeping eachother company while we have fun!

like PP i'd stay neutral, its well expensive decorating, so with neutrals, you can change accesories with the fashion rather than painting!! i've got cream and terracotta in my bedroom, same as we've got in the living room lol!!

Sounds lovely hun, and i bet ur soooo excited.

Just one thing....check that ur allowed to paint and decorate, and if you are that you can paint in colours other than neutral. Sometimes private landlords are strict on this, and it may be in ur contract xxxx

Ohhh I don't want to paint my room but the landlady has given me the ok to paint Mayas room

I just want to acccessorise my room. It's white at mo with a huuge black fireplace so I want that to be the focal point :D

awww thats good then. I bet you cant wait to make it YOURS, and have everything how u want it, and do what u want, you'll love it and never look back!

I really am so so happy!!

Is it wrong to be getting thrills out of looking at cutlery sets :rofl:

lol nooooo!

Just make sure u work ur money out hun, dont get in debt (like me), expensive things houses!

lol nooooo!

Just make sure u work ur money out hun, dont get in debt (like me), expensive things houses!

Ive got to say, the council were brill with me. They worked out what my weekley outgoings would be, like rent, gas, water etc, my phone,food, clothing, Mayas bits & bobs so I know roughly what I have to spend freely so to speak each week.

So it will be a slow process until my house is complete but it will be a fun slow process! It's great because it's my 21st in 2 weeks so i've asked people for house bits :D

my fave subject atm:happydance:

I am lovin all the blacks around atm....seen lovely wallpaper that had black, white and a lovely biegey cream colour. It was fab and woul be great in bedding:happydance:

or what about black white with a splash of red:happydance:

I can't wait to see pics hun:cloud9:

Loving the idea of a fireplace in the bedroom. Is it a working fire? mmm snuggly nights in bed with the fire going!

If you put pink in that room use accessories - well I would personally! Keeping the walls neutral (not white though a cream) and a fancy border - I bought a great 60's style border for my room from B&Q (black & white) but didn't go would with that kind of luck (fire place)! :D Ooooooo!!

Exciting stuff x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"