decorating my room

passengerrach

mummy to kai
Reaction score
im thinking about decorating my room me and my oh dont have our own place so do not have a nursery i was thinkin about decorating my room so its nice and fresh and new for the baby and also its lilac and im bored of it and not very neutral if the baby is a boy but do u think its a good idea to do it while im pregnant coz of the fumes or do u think we should stay at my oh while its being done and how long for

I decorated my nursery hun, you should be fine. Also when i moved house at 12 weeks we decorated the whole house too.

Paint these days has to comply to certain regulations a=one of which is the fumes it gives off... just keep a window open if your worried. I never noticed fumes from any time i painted anywhere :)0

Yeah, I doubt it'll cause you any harm but if your sleeping in that room after its newly painted then I think putting up with the smell will be the bigger problem! Aren't there odourless paints out now, or did I make that up?

You should be fine, just make sure the room is well ventilated and windows are kept open etc, as you usually would.

I think its a nice idea, makes everything all fresh ready for when LO arrives!!

you should be fine, i did glossing while i was pg, caitlyn is fine. I just made sure the room was ventilated

xxx

Mmm i love paint smell..haha.. You should be fine though. Just watch it if your glossing the skirting cus gloss gives off more fumes& certainly gives me a headache...but i'm sure it'll be fine so long as you don't stick your head over the tin& inhale haha. What colour you thinking of then? X

yeah you will be fine. I painted our nursery with my OH and just made sure the window was open and also I wore a decorating dust mask the covers your mouth and nose just to be sure. :)
xx

they do lots of paints with low volatile oil contents (VOC) these are the less stinky ones. And I think there are some eco ones that are meant to be very environmentally friendly too. But I don't think any emulsion smells too bad :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->