Decorating the nursery

Beth09

Reaction score
I really love the I love my bear theme! I think it will look really nice with the cot bedding, moses basket and all the little decorations! But by the time the baby gets to one i think i would want to change it to a theme for a boy or a girl so is there much point in getting the cot bedding set as they wont be able to use the quilt etc? How has everyone else done this?

I haven't yet as i don't have a spare room to decorate until i move house, But i'll be painting the walls then adding those stickarounds so that they can be removed & a new set added if/when i change my mind or bump gets older. If you are not sure about getting the range of i love my bear hun, Why not buy cream/brown sheets & then the odd thing in i love my bear, Or a big teddy or something? Saves spending a fortune to hardly use it then change it again. xx

i have a few i love my bear and once upon a time (mamas &papas) i intend to keep it until she is about 3ish where then we will go girlie pink. x

So if i just used cream colours what would i need to go in the cot? Just a bottom sheet? sorry never done this before i must sound stupid lol! Also what is safe to use as a cover? Cellular blankets? or a sleeping bag?

Is the I love my bear stuff the set you can get out of babies r us?
I have the Hugs n Kisses set from there, but because I didnt want to get the cot duvet, as I've never had a use for them, I bought the cot bumper, mobile and a coordinated sheet set seperately.
I've also bought lots of blankets in pink and white and some plain white flat sheets and white fitted bottom sheets.

I think when it comes to what goes in the cot, its a personal choise really. I dont like the sleeping bags because there isnt an option to add or remove layers really.

I'll be using a fitted sheet to cover the mattress, then a flat sheet with a couple of layers of either cellular or fleece blankets over the top.

I really love the I love my bear theme! I think it will look really nice with the cot bedding, moses basket and all the little decorations! But by the time the baby gets to one i think i would want to change it to a theme for a boy or a girl so is there much point in getting the cot bedding set as they wont be able to use the quilt etc? How has everyone else done this?

I'd keep it and go with what you have, then in a while you can change it- baby bedding isn't all that expensive... and that way you have more than one set, so when one's in the wash- ones on the bed :thumbup: Or I just have a shopping problem and am PRO at excuses for reasons to buy stuff! haha

Thanks for replies!

I think im going to go for cream sheets and blankets and have the i love my bear bits (like the cot mobile and floor mat etc!) as i won't be using the quilt until they are older!

Irish baby i have a shopping problem as well if i see and like i buy lol! OH doesn't like this lol! x

yeah my OH doesn't like my shopping interests but he doesn't say anything about it... he fishes and spends his pennies on that so we balance eachother!! haha... the baby room and supplies are near complete thanks to me, so I think he finds comfort in everything being done without me nagging him... he likes that I find discounts, but when I like something and it's not on sale, I buy it... end of story! :happydance: Time flies by when you cooking baby bits, so I figure the more I have done, the more time I can sit and be happily fat feeling baby kicks, which rocks my world!:cloud9:

i have the i love my bear bouncer and loved it she looked so comfy and loved it

yeah my OH doesn't like my shopping interests but he doesn't say anything about it... he fishes and spends his pennies on that so we balance eachother!! haha... the baby room and supplies are near complete thanks to me, so I think he finds comfort in everything being done without me nagging him... he likes that I find discounts, but when I like something and it's not on sale, I buy it... end of story! :happydance: Time flies by when you cooking baby bits, so I figure the more I have done, the more time I can sit and be happily fat feeling baby kicks, which rocks my world!:cloud9:

Mine also fishes but he wants to have a say in everything and i swear he just likes to disagree with me most of the time! he thinks i shouldnt be spending a fortune when i think i can spend what i like, this is one thing i enjoy spending my money on! and its a good cause lol! I always get my way in the end though lol! We are off shopping on Saturday to pick out our pram and get anything else we see! i cant wait! x

I was going to pick a boys colour scheme at first because we knew we were having a boy and i wanted the babys room to look quite modern. Im not really into cutesy cutesy.

But we eventually decided on staying with cream/browns/whites. I also got the Bedtime Hugs bedding set from Mamas and Papas but bought my own light fitting from eBay. Iv still managed to keep the room looking nice modern and minimal, so then its easy to redecorate as bubs gets older. Thats why i didnt really pick a "theme" as i didnt want the whole room to be one specific look - easy to change and adjust with a clean looking room i suppose!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->