Decorating!

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
when did you or will you start decorating the babies room, I guess that properly applies to first time babies?

I want to start stripping the wall paper this weekend and we bought paint, but dont want to do more than that "just incase" ... what about everyone else?

We won't do it until well past the 12 weeks scan, i am however doing other rooms-to get my house perfect.I painted the kitchen on sat which i enjoyed!

We're going to leave everything like that until I'm on maternity leave. Friends and family often use our spare room when they come to visit so we will need to leave it as it is until the very last minute.......so in about 5-6 months I'll be directing hubby, making him lots of tea and assembling IKEA furniture byt the bucket load!! :happydance:

This is my second baby but there is a HUGE gap between this and my first ;)
We're gonna start decorating when we find out the sex of the baby, I'm itching to get started now tho :rofl:

We won't do anything until the next scan hopefully at 12 weeks and then IKEA wil be receiving a visit me and hubby!! Think we're going to go with white furniture as got quite a small third room!!

Ikea's white furniture is really nice isn't it?
We're currently rebuilding our house. Living in a caravan!
However, I've read that you should put any new carpet and put on new paint at least 3 months before the baby's due, so there's plenty of time for the 'fumes' to go... new carpet and paint smells lovely, but it's not good for the baby (I suppose unless you get baby friendly posh expensive ones!)...

So baby's room is a bit of a priority... just need to get it a floor/walls/ceiling first!

I wish i has a spare room, we live in a 2 bed flat so our other bedroom is used by oh 2 children when they stay at weekends. Dont really want to make them feel pushed out of the room, so the baby will be in our room with us, until we really need the other room.
So jealous tho, as id love to have a gorgeous nusery.

We rent a flat, only been in there for about 2 months now so not really sure what we are going to do. I don't know how they would feel about us painting and stuff. I guess I should ask them but I worry they won't want a baby in there flat and might not let us stay beyond our contract.
Not really sure what to do!

Also our room is TINY, no room for a cot so when baby comes we will have to take out our wardrobe and chest of drawers to make room for the cot so I guess they will have to go into the spare room. Wish I had a bigger flat!!

However, I've read that you should put any new carpet and put on new paint at least 3 months before the baby's due, so there's plenty of time for the 'fumes' to go... new carpet and paint smells lovely, but it's not good for the baby (I suppose unless you get baby friendly posh expensive ones!)...
!

Hmmmmm hadn't thought of that. Will probably be decorating late August/early September (finishing end of August I reckon) so 2 months prior to arrival. that should be enough shouldn't it? Hoping that it will still be warm enough to leave it all open (i.e. windows etc) to allow it to air out. (Also argument is that baby wont be sleeping in there for at least 3 months so will be well aired by then.

I wish i has a spare room, we live in a 2 bed flat so our other bedroom is used by oh 2 children when they stay at weekends. Dont really want to make them feel pushed out of the room, so the baby will be in our room with us, until we really need the other room.
So jealous tho, as id love to have a gorgeous nusery.

I'm in a similar situation. We're in a 2 bedroom flat and my 16 year old daughter has her own room. It wouldnt be fair of me to expect her to share with a new baby so we're gonna convert our big storage cupboard into a nursery. Doesnt that sound awful?! It's slightly smaller than a box room and would just about fit a cot, and a couple of small units in, so it'll be fine for a couple of years :)

I only had a 1 bed place when I had my DS and we had quite a small bedroom, we got the continental size cot and that just fitted in the corner and one small chest of drawers for his clothes - I put up winnie the pooh pics and teddys on the shelf above the cot, but that was all I could do at the time! we were like that until we moved when DS was 15 months! now have a 3 bed place and DS has a lovely room and the 3rd bedroom is also a good size! it has clover green carpet in which is in good condition, and the walls are painted cream, so I may well keep these two elements and just add pics and soft furnishings! I bought a huge cuddly eeyore the other day for the corner (could't resist) and that was before my bfp! lol

We live in a shared house atm so I wont even have a room to use as a nursery til I'm 34 weeks. And as we will be moving to another rented place I wont be able to decorate either. So will be having to make do with making it look pretty with furnishings and pictures and stuff. Its very frustrating right now lol cos all I want to do is nest.

Im 28 weeks and i only started the nursery last week. Its nearly done now. Cots up too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->