Decreased Fetal Movement :\

hippiekinz

FTM to Mason
Reaction score
Hi ladies.

I'm 26yo, I'm 30 weeks 4 days, going to be a FTM, plus size with PCOS & IR and I have an anterior placenta as well. Just to give quick info on my back ground.

Anyway this all started on Friday (Oct 11) I went into my OB for a regular prenatal visit since they're bi weekly now. Everything was fine with baby and me and I even got my flu shot and Tdap vaccine when there. I was still feeling LO move as normal.

Then on Saturday everything seemed different. The pattern I was so use to seemed less active. I would get not high kicks like I was use to, but hard jabs in my cervix when I walked or sat. They were so bad they would stop me for a moment, but go away. I thought maybe baby was just positioned a certain way.

Then on Sunday it was back to little taps. Not hard kicks, but like movement or rolls? I called my OB even though they were closed and the one OB on call spoke to me. She said everything sounds normal and with an anterior placenta this could happen. So i kept feeling the faint movements on and off, but it still wasn't the same as what I was use to.

So here we are today. This morning I woke up around 6am to use the bathroom as normal and when I went to lay back down, nothing. Now I know since i'm semi asleep baby might not do much, but mine ALWAYS does. When I lay on my side he makes something noticeable even if it's faint. This time nothing. I stayed awake for 30 mins trying to feel something. I had a glass of OJ, which always get's him moving, that didn't help. I must of laid there for over an hour with nothing happening. Freaking out I had to wait till 8:30am to call my OB (since thats when they opened) and they wanted me to come in ASAP. I changed my clothes and got there. They had me doing that NST (Non-stress Test). First of all as soon as the nurse went looking for his heart of course that little bugger makes movement and jabs.... That was only with pressure he would do it though. The nurse couldn't find his heart beat. They made me lay on my sides and all. Finally the doctor came in and he as much higher up then the nurse thought. I did the 20mins of laying there, but even then no kicks that i could feel. The OB came in and said everything looked fine to them and I was all set to go.

So my question is, can my baby have less fetal movement, but be fine at the same time? Is it possible he's going through a growth spurt? The OB said the heart looked good for 20mins. I do have an ultrasound appointment this Thursday that they want me to go to. I just want to make sure if you ladies think this sounds normal? This is my first time ever being pregnant (no m/c or anything like that) so I want to make sure everything is OK. Seemed to be fine by the OB, just looking for a second opinion I guess.

Thanks and sorry for this being so long too.:dohh:

just go and get checked sweetie , dont leave it just in case . They allways rather you go see them than not .
Babys do have days of being quiet but its not worth the worry xxxx

It's so hard not to stress even when your on your second like me but it does sound normal. The further along you get the less baby will move as he is growing. My on days as long as I feel him ten times in a 24hr period then he is fine but there have been 4hr periods for me where I have not felt a single flutter but then he will kick around or roll and be fine. I find I don't really get a whole lot of kicking he just told from side to side and punches my cervix. That's what you may have felt was him punching your cervix if he has been moving down. If your on seemed fine I wouldn't worry Hun xx

Yea, I'm trying very hard not to stress. That's why when I woke up and something didn't seem right I just called to been seen. I felt so bad at first because he started to move when the nurse was pushing down, but they were very nice to me. They said they would rather me come in then wait it out. I guess mine is just being quiet for now. At least I was glad to hear everything was well. Just different to not feel as much as before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->