Decreased Movement - 24 1/2 weeks

Clopatjo

Reaction score
Sorry girls for yet anor movement q!! Again I am worried... baby was moving like mad for the first couple of days of 24 week now, movement has decreased dramatically for like a the past day or so. Still feel baba but not so often and very lightly. I've googled this and other women seem to have experienced it but just thought I'd ask on here. Could it be they are having a growth spurt. Am trying to relax and not worry but its hard! xx I thought movement was supp to be more btw 24 - 28 weeks but I know they can have quiet days.

Any help appreciated and again sorry for being back on this tangent!!

Hi hun,

I know how you feel as the same happened to me ... I was worried like mad. At my 25 week midwife appt, I heard baby bouncing everywhere. That was so relieving. MW said that it may be because he has moved to another position more towards my back. I am sure it is the same for you. Now baby is back in the front and kicking again!

Try not to worry a lot. X

All my midwife has ever to said to me is aslong as you are getting 10 movements over a 24 hour period all is ok. Those 10 movements might happen all within 5 mins but not to be alarmed.

I'm sure all is ok but if you are having less than 10 movements ring the midwife xx

same has happened to me!! yest and so far today has been quiet, felt her move bu not as much as i have through the week! she was going crazy literally all day one day thru th week, so i am jus hoping she has moved to back aswell.
going to get my doppler out later if still quiet. but midwife said tht it does happen and nt to be alarmed.
i think i jus worry about everything.
esp having felt her move so much thru th week and now to go a lil quiet. i just assume she is sleeping and growing lol!

All my midwife has ever to said to me is aslong as you are getting 10 movements over a 24 hour period all is ok. Those 10 movements might happen all within 5 mins but not to be alarmed.

I'm sure all is ok but if you are having less than 10 movements ring the midwife xx

my midwife said you dont start counting th movements til 28weeks not now as is to soon really! after 28weeks is when you start counting the movements. as i ask her on wednesday

It's normal, try not to worry. :) Babies at that time are still having growth spruts or they could be awake when your asleep! You only need to start kick counting at 28 weeks.

But if your that worried go and get montiored but try and not worry to much x

i usually feel her moving early morning at 6am but seeing as it has been the weekend i havent been awake til after 9am!! so i am prob just sleeping when she is moving! i was thinking that myself.

so will see what her movement is like tomorrow before i start to worry also.

only natural worry! :)

Thanks girls...think going to see how I get on today. He was moving around this morning a few little kicks just not as strong but hopefully its ok and he's just having a little relaxed period x

Thanks for all your replies. I know it does Laura it does freak you out a bit when they've been such busy bees and are then very quiet. Hopefully its all fine :) x

I've been having this for the past few days too. I can feel him moving, but his movements aren't as frequent and are less pronounced.

Mine too, and it feels like she's stood upright too, I get faint kicks 'down there' :/ they do like to worry us eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->