Decreasing hcg level no heart beat but sac size increasing

Littleangle27

Reaction score
Hi Hello
My last period was on 4th Jan and I took ovulation test it was positive on 19th and 20th Jan then on 2nd feb it came positive in home pregnancy test kit. So I went to dr on 6th feb for blood test my hcg was 214 so my family dr scheduled my ultrasound on 21st feb there they said I am 5 week 3days pregnant but they couldn't find the heart beat. But on 21st I started taking prega vit pre natals for 8days and I got allergic reactions. So dr asked me to stop taking it and continue with folic acid. From the first day of my pregnancy my hemoglobin was little low it was 118/120-160. So on 3rd march dr advised me another blood test. My hcg on 4th march was 31991. But on 10th march I spotted light brown mucus twice when I wiped tissue paper. Then I immediately call my dr she referred me an urgent ultrasound. There technican told me she was not able to find heart beat and pregnancy because dr was not available that time so I was not satisfied with her words. I went to the emergency and they did the blood test and find out my hcg was decreased from 31991 to 31287 and the dr said I miscarriaged. And ask me to come on 13th march for final process. But I didnt have any pain or cramps no bleeding but still I got a little brownish mucus yesterday night. So today I went to gynaecologist they did my blood work and ultrasound. I convinced myself that its over. But here the surprise came when went to meet gynaecologist for the final report he said my hcg is decreased from 31287 to 24000 still no heart beat but sac was grown from last 3days its kind of confusing so I have to go for another ultrasound next week on 20th march. Now they said decreased hcg and no heart beat is not the confirmation of miscarriage so they want another test. In my 10th macrh ultrasound report says the embryo is 4.1mm but measures less then 6 week size and the sac is 17.7mm equal to 6week 5days.
I have no idea whats going on everything is so confusing just waiting for next week ultrasound.

Hi hon I'm sorry to hear your levels are decreasing. I know I'm not a doctor so obviously I can't give you an answer but it sounds like this pregnancy is not viable. A lot of things can happen during pregnancy and certain abnormalities could be causing the sac to grow but it sounds to me that you are indeed miscarrying. Hcg and progesterone are two hormones that maintain pregnancy and if your levels are decreasing it seems to me the outcome doesn't sound good. I'm so sorry. keep us updated. My thoughts are with you :hug:

I'm sorry you're going through all of this uncertainty and that it seems like your doctors aren't being very forthcoming with information and support. I would agree with the previous poster though that things don't look especially positive. At this point in your pregnancy (assuming you ovulated when expected, which seems likely based on your dates) you should be about 10 weeks along. I've had an ultrasound at 10 weeks in the past and it was really clear what we were looking at. It looked like a baby and we were well beyond the stage of just seeing a gestational sac (which is more what you would expect to see at 5-6 weeks). Now it's always possible to have been pregnant, experienced a loss and gotten pregnant again straight away and that this is a new pregnancy (assuming that decreased hcg was a blip). That does happen and if you think it's a possibility it's worth investigating. Hugs to you. Hopefully you find some answers soon.

I also hate to be the bearer of bad news but my MMC looked a lot like that. Sac kept growing, embryo didn't. If that is what is happening, there's nothing you could have done about it, it's a genetic error most of the time. Have your doctors given you any reassurance at all or any explanations?

I agree with whats already been said! Just wanted to give you a cyber hug and say I'm here if you need to talk. I've had 2 mmc (missed miscarriages)!! I'm so sorry!!

That is how my mmc went. I started spotting at 11 weeks 6 days. When I was scanned baby had stopped growing at 6.5 weeks. My gestational sac was huge in comparison. To rule out my dates maybe being wrong they rescanned me a week later and although baby was still there (no hb) the sac had continued to grow. A week later I was scanned again and the sac had became greatly distorted in shape and the yolk sac had dispersed. I still wasn't bleeding much or in pain. I didn't fully miscarry for another week (3 weeks after first spotting brown) I'm so sorry this has happened to you but with decreasing hcg levels I don't think your pregnancy is viable hun. Please be gentle with yourself. Sending hugs xx

I agree with the previous posters, unfortunately.

I'm in a some what similar experiences, read "gestational sac larger than yolk sac" in this forum..If you are interested.

I was straight up told I was miscarrying, go for my 3rd ultrasound on this Thursday will know forsure. Sounds like your office is speaking in inconclusive terms , rather than negative or positive. Something I think I would have appreciated, but seems like either way we will worry.

How do you feel about the possibility this far ? I wish you the best but concerned, please let us know.hugs

If your HCG is dropping, unfortunately, that sounds like a nonviable pregnancy. In all of my miscarriages, my HCG dropped before I started bleeding. The sac may have kept growing for awhile even if the embryo didn't. I'm sorry you're going through this. Sending hugs.

Thank you so much everyone for the support I really needed that ☹️☹️
Sorry for the late updates
I got the miscarriage the very next day on 14th march at night the dark brown discharge came out. Somewhere I start believing the painful process started but didn't came out much that night. Next morning I woke up and run to the washroom just to check the status but still nothing came out. There was no cramps no pain at all till night just slowly some blood came out with clots, I was so worried why the flow is not coming out why I am not having any cramps or pain but when I went to sleep the terrible pain get started still I manage to sleep then after 2 hours I woke up to go to the washroom and I felt something is coming out and I run but it was just a thick blood clot.
Here the horrible pain got started I was not able to lie sit or stand...but the pain become bearable once I sat on the pot. I woke up my husband because the pain was unbearable. He gave me some warm water to drink and hot water bag so the pain can be reduced. He asked me to go to the emergency but I was ready to bear the pain rather than D&C. So I sat on the pot like an hour nothing wasn't changed I was losing my strength and almost decided to go to the hospital for further assistance. But once I tried to stand up my legs started hurting so I stretched my legs up and suddenly something big came out like so fast and the pain went away like nothing was happened at all.
I decided not to look inside the pot but can't stop myself, everything so was red but somehow I managed to see...I guess it was THE SAC😔😔
It was so painful mentally and physically but you have to go through it all alone...It was over everything was over I just officially miscarriage there is no hope left..Its time for me to move on and plan for the next..its not easy though but I have to...😞😞😞
The blood flows with some clots continued till this morning. But it was with some mild cramps and pain. Tomorrow I have an appointment for ultrasound lets hope its all came out naturally nothing left inside.
Thank you so much once again guys for the support and prayers...lots of hug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->