Deep heat

JessiHD

Mummy to Joshua :)
Reaction score
Does anyone know if its ok to use Deep Heat? I've got an ache in my shoulder and would rather not take painkillers.

I just asked my oh the same question my shoulder hurts alot and the can says consult doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding :( so ive got a hot water bottle balanced on my shoulder :) that may help you if you have one, even tho i look silly hehe x

It's fine as long as you don't put it on your belly. The only time heat is a problem is if you let your internal body temp rise. Your shoulder is so far away from your belly, it won't hurt anything at all. You can also take acetaminophen for the pain. (i think you guys may call it paracetamol?)

Also, I'm assuming "deep heat" just means a heating pad and not one of those patches that uses chemicals to heat it up... I would ask a pharmacist before using those patch things for back aches.

I would stay away from any kind of creams until you ask a doctor or pharmacist. The chemicals do absorb into your skin and there are definitely some types of creams that are unsafe. Stick with heating pad or hot water bottle until you can ask your doc. If you don't have a heat pad or water bottle, take a ziploc bag,fill it with hot water and wrap it in a rag or towel. You can also take a sock, fill it with dry rice and heat it in the microwave. That works wonderfully!!

Also found this...

https://www.mentholatum.com.au/files/Deep Heat Rub.pdf

Ok, I'll just ask at my booking appointment on Thurs. Just wondered if anyone had asked the doctor recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->